Chapter Thirty

With a bang, my notebook slips across the bedding and lands on the carpeted flooring

With a bang, my notebook slips across the bedding and lands on the carpeted flooring. I peer to the side and see the small smile playing on Blake's lips. He slowly slides the glowing screen of the tablet in front of me.

My gaze flickers to the bring screen to see what's so important. I notice the website is displaying a house for sale. There's a couple of pictures of the inside – an open kitchen / dining room, large bedrooms, bathroom, and the vibrant coloured yard.

"What do you think?" he inquires.

"Yea, it's nice." I smile.

I continue to flick through the images listed until I come to the end. The last image is a picture of a smallish build in pool fenced off from the main grassed area. From Blake's latest skinny dipping escapades, we're going to need a pool.

"Ugh, just nice?" he scoffs.

With a roll of my eyes, I shuffle onto my side. I use my hand to prop my head up so that I can look into Blake's eyes.

"You know what I mean, Blake! The house looks like a dream and I bet the price matches it too."

Anything that nice must cost your soul and more. These days, housing is way too expensive, especially for something we're interested in. Blake and I were lucky enough Angela and Thomas decided to build this extension, otherwise, we'd have been living in his parent's house.

"Now that was the answer I was looking for." He grins.

"What does that mean?" I frown.

"Means I'm on the right path," he replies.

Blake snags the tablet back and closes the webpage. He continues to scroll through the list until he comes across another house. He clicks on the extension list and searches through the images. I see the small rooms, minimal yard and turn my nose up.

"You don't like the other house?" I ask.

"The kitchen could be better and there's not enough storage space either," says Blake.

"Is that so?" I laugh. "You could fix all of that."

"We wouldn't have the money to fix is, though." He shrugs.

"Later on we could if the kitchen still annoys you. Heck, we'll rip it out and put some fancy stuff in there for you." I wink.

"We could also expand the wardrobe. Put a chair in just like you want."

"At this rate, we might as well build our own house. It might be cheaper too." I chuckle.

Blake's arm wraps around my waist as he tugs me in for a kiss. His soft lips move against mine as I smile into the passionate kiss. Rolling onto my back, I wrap my arm around his neck and bring his lips back to mine.

"I've missed this," I whisper against his lips.

My back arches with anticipation as Blake tenderly nibbles on my skin. I raggedly exhale as my eyes slowly flutter shut.