Chapter Twenty-Six

The abundance of clothing Blake leaves laying around his bedroom is ridiculous, I'm even more surprised when I find seemingly clean clothing folded in his dresser

The abundance of clothing Blake leaves laying around his bedroom is ridiculous, I'm even more surprised when I find seemingly clean clothing folded in his dresser. I grab an oversized black shirt and tug it on. The soft fabric brushes against my body, which is comfortable and less exposing compared to my naked approach.

My gaze flickers across the room to Blake's position on the bed. He's sprawled across the space and then tangled between a mixture of blanket and sheet.

"Ava," he mumbles.

"What is it?" I softly ask.

Blake's body tremors as his eyes spring open. I bite my lip and frown when I realise he'd been talking in his sleep.

"Oh, you're still here." He smiles giddily.

"Yes." I nod. "I was thinking about making breakfast," I explain.

"Mm, that would be nice." His green eyes light up with excitement.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask.

"Surprise me," he replies. "Although, I'm feeling for something fruity."

"Okay, I'll think of something." I smile.

"You're the best, I love you." He sighs with happiness.

I trek downstairs and wander into the kitchen. The first place I look through is the fridge. I pull out an assortment of fruit and place it on the bench along with the tub of vanilla yogurt. Then I step towards the wardrobe and search through the content until I find the bottle of honey.

It's simple, delicious, and won't take too long to prepare.

Grabbing a knife and chopping board, I set it on the bench and get to work. I chop the strawberries into slices along with the banana, blueberries, and raspberries. Then I add them into two bowls with the yogurt and a drizzle of honey. Before heading upstairs, I grab a pair of spoons and put them in the bowl.

With the bowls in hand, I walk around the kitchen bench and then come to a standstill. Angela and London walk down the hallway as I try to back up a couple of steps. Before I can hide behind the kitchen bench, Angela notices me.

"Uh, hey," I mutter.

"London, we never finished watering the plants, let's go do that." Angela mouths 'I'm sorry' as she turns to walk back outside. There's no amount of apologies that can curb the embarrassment. Walking around in just Blake's t-shirt is okay in front of him, but not for his mother's viewing.

"It could be worse," I admit, "I could be naked."

I charge upstairs and place the bowls on the side table for the moment. I flop onto the bed, not bothering about crushing Blake in the process. He groans with pain but I ignore it.

"Blakie," I grumble. "Your mother walked in on me dressed like this."

"It could be worse." He coughs out.