Chapter Seven

My glittery blue pen is suddenly yanked from my grip, followed by a stream of laughter

My glittery blue pen is suddenly yanked from my grip, followed by a stream of laughter. Looking over my shoulder, I see Kyle's cheeky grin staring back at me. I take a deep breath to loosen up my anger towards Kyle. You can't sneak up on people like that!

"What are you doing?" I mutter.

"I wanted to see you," he explains. "Besides, you've been ignoring my messages. I had to see if you were still alive."

"I'm very much alive." I steal my pen back. "But I'm busy with my studies, so I can't chat right now." My comment doesn't do much; Kyle takes a seat on my bed and continues on with his ramble.

"You've been busy all week," he wines. "Can't you spend some time with your best friend?" Kyle tries to win me over with his best puppy pout, but it doesn't work on me, not today.

"I'm sorry, but I need to finish this work because they don't hand out third chances," I explain.

On my path to self-discovery, I decided it was time to get the study ball rolling. I've re-enrolled into my course so that I can earn my qualification. Kyle is a huge distraction. I've also been avoiding him because I don't want to mention my hangout with Axel. Knowing Kyle, he'll look into it more than it needs to be, then it'll be followed by a long lecture which isn't appealing.

"I'm not going to take no for an answer," replies Kyle.

"Shoo fly." I glare.

"How about you tell me what happened and then I'll leave. Tori hasn't squealed a peep." The fact Tori has kept my business a secret, even from Kyle, makes me especially happy.

"How about you don't worry about it?" I offer.

With a pout, Kyle's back hits the bed. He rolls onto his side and snuggles into one of my pillows. A sad pouty expression fills his face as he tries to guilt trip the information out of me.

"Why can't you love me and just tell me what happened?" asks Kyle.

"Can't I love you later?" I goran.

"Love me now," he yells.

Getting up from my chair, I grab Kyle's hand and tug on it. My attempts to throw him out of my room go belly up when he tugs on my hand and I fall. Kyle wraps his arms around my body and I shuffle around to get comfortable. I purposely poke him in the chest to show my annoyance.

"You know, I'm not going to tell you a thing," I say.

"I liked it better when I was your only friend. You're so secretive these days," he complains.

"I'm sorry, Kyle, I promise to tell you everything soon!" I smile. "Well get lunch, chat, just like the good old days!

"Fine," he grumbles. "I can see where I'm not wanted." Kyle shuffles off the bed and steps out of my room. He stands in the doorway and gives me his cutest puppy look. When I shake my head, he hunches over and frowns.