Chapter Twenty-Seven

The journal sits on my side table staring back at me

The journal sits on my side table staring back at me. For an intimate object, the damn thing is giving me chills! What if I continue investigating and keep it to myself? What if there's nothing and it's just a waste of my time?

"I'm so screwed." I sigh.

Grabbing the journal, I run downstairs and slip on my shoes. I walk out the house, jog down the pathway and hit the sidewalk with a quick stride. My heart erratically thumps within the confines of my chest as I make my way to the park.

It's a five-minute walk from my house which is convenient, but also the place Logan spent a majority of his time. We grew up playing at the park when we were younger. I grew up in favour of hiding in my bedroom reading books. Logan, on the other hand, he picked up a pencil and started sketching the scenery.

When I arrive at the park, I walk down the pathway and open his journal and flick through the pages. I find a drawing located in the back which is of the faded hill scenery behind the park. It's not intricate, but I notice the resemblance of the semi-circle green shapes dotted across the page.

I approach an overgrown bush and walk around it. It's almost like a secret pathway hidden by overgrown shrubs. Pushing the branches aside, I walk through and continue my journey. As I wander down the pathway, I see a wooden bench that's currently occupied.

I consider walking back until the curl of messy brown hair makes me realise Tori is the one sitting on the bench.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I thought I'd go on a walk, magically found myself here," she admits.

"A park twenty minutes away from your house?" I frown.

"Well." She shrugs her shoulders. "It started with a drive to your house and then I found this park."

"Hm." I ponder. "What's wrong?"

"Jude hasn't been himself," she easily confesses. "And I needed to get away."

"I'm sure things will work out between you. Just look and Blake and I."

Tori doesn't look too sure about it, but she tugs on a smile and nods her head. I pull on a brighter smile to somehow bring her hope. Things look like they'd never get better between Blake and I, but at the same time, I don't know what's going on with them.

"Maybe," she mumbles.

"I'll be here if you want to talk," I offer.

"Thank you. So, why are you here?"

"Well." I hold up the journal and grin. "There are some nature drawings in here and I wanted to see if I could find them. Try and be closer to Logan somehow," I explain.

"That sounds nice." She smiles. "Have you found anything?"

"Hm, I think so." I open the journal and pass it to Tori. The page is another nature picture, but it looks similar to the scenery in front of us.