Chapter Twenty

When I arrive at Blake's house, I sneak down the side passage and up to his house

When I arrive at Blake's house, I sneak down the side passage and up to his house. I knock on the door before grabbing the handle. I'm surprised when it twists all the way to the right and opens. I step inside the house and close the door behind me.

"Hello?" I call.

London comes running out of her room like a pocket rocket. She wraps her arms around my leg and buries her face into the material of my pants.

I pick her up and balance her on my hip. One of her tiny hands grabs onto my top while the other one wraps around my shoulder. We wander into the main living section and find Blake in the kitchen cleaning.

There are pots and pans resting on the sink to be washed along with dishes and cutlery on the drying rack.

"Hey, Ava." He happily smiles.

"Hey, Blake," I reply. "Are you ready for the movie?"

"We're more than ready," he replies. "Well, after I've finished these."

"That's okay." I chuckles.

Blake goes back to cleaning while I spend time with London. I bounce back and forth while London rests her head against my chest. It's so weird to see her grown up because she was like the size of a bean the first time I met her.

When London begins to squirm, I place her on the ground and she runs off to grab her stuffed piggy toy. She plops on the ground and plays with a couple of her stuffed toys. It looks like she's beating them against the ground, but I wonder if there's a story behind it?

"I thought you didn't have London this week?" I question.

"Tori is busy with her studies, so I told her I'd have London for longer," he explains.

"How long?" I ask.

"I don't know." He shrugs. "I'm just happy I have my baby girl for longer. Tori's coming over this weekend to see her, though."

"That's nice then." I smile.

Blake finishes the cleaning and then walks around the bench to wrap me in a hug.

"I missed you," he whispers.

"I missed you too," I reply.

His hand slides down the length of my back before curling around my waist to grab my hand. Blake's fingers link with mine as we walk around the couch to take a seat. I plop down and snuggle into one of the plush cushions while Blake puts on a movie.

Before Blake takes a seat, he grabs London from the ground and places her on his lap. She happily sits and watches the screen intently. On the occasion, she looks up with her little blue eyes to watch Blake before returning her attention to the movie.

"I'm sorry it's not the night we wanted," he apologises.

"It's fine, besides, it's nice seeing London," I explain. "I was just curious."