Escape.

Felix's POV:

My pulse racing to extraordinary speeds, I softly tapped my sister's cell door. She opened the door, her bangs shifted to cover her left eye. "Are we prepared, brother?" she inquired softly, her hands gripping the door's frame. Her eye showed no emotion. I nodded in response, and we began to run down the corridor.

"ALERTING ALL PERSONNEL! SUBJECT 31 AND 39 HAVE ESCAPED THE CONFINEMENT ROOMS! IF FOUND, PLEASE REPORT TO THE GRINDING ROOM!" a voice boomed from the intercom, nearly shaking the pale off-white tiles of the floor. The girl with silver hair running next to me gripped her midnight black ears, stumbling with surprise.

"Riella?" I asked through panting breaths. The two adopted siblings were nearing the exit of the white building. 

"I'm alright," she yelled, "keep going!"

I looked in to a cell as I passed it, and saw a young child, the age of four. Her eyes were brimmed with sadness. She was a mere child-- four years, at best. The beginning of a trunk started at her nose, hanging in front of her lips. Her ears were larger than normal, and they were floppy and thin. I felt nothing for the child.

I skidded to a halt, looking at the large steel door in front of us.  My dark brown hair was streaked with sweat, and I quickly ran my hand through it. My heart pumped. I hadn't ran that fast since I was a young child. "What do we do now?" I gasped, staring at the gray, metal door that blocked us from our freedom.

"We break the door, that's what we do," the younger girl next to me mumbled. I stared at her in surprise, my long, tufted ears pricked.

With a fierce cry, the teenager slammed her foot against the door, causing it to fly backwards with the force. I couldn't help but let my jaw drop in shock. Not just from her amazing burst of strength, but from the thought that we may be free once more.

Riella bursted out of the door, and I followed her footsteps. We ran. Faster than we've ever ran before. Running, running, running. Running away from the nightmares, the torture. The physical and mental abuse. I hopped a barbed wire fence, as did my sister. We were free.

Next chapter will be by @KonKonRazuca