Voices.

I pushed the door open, in unison with Felix, glancing at him a smile of wonder splashed across my face as I turned back, until I was greeted by the flapping of wings. Shocked and startled, I snarled, and spotted a beautiful beast, his wings looked like they were made of steel, and I saw his face, it looked sculpted, and cold, like a stone that was brushed by water one to many times. I noticed something kind in the cold face and smiled kindly, reaching my hand out I entirely forgot my brother, although I still held his hand in my left. I continued reaching out until I touched a cold cheek. I heard a slight chuckle coming from the elegant birdman. As the birdman reached down to copy my action, the action felt kind, and caring.

"Hello my dear," he whispered, although his fatherly voice still rumbled through the building.

I blushed, shocked to be caught in this moment of out of character moment of wonder. Regaining my emotions, I turned to Felix having remembered I wasn't by myself here, Felix was still shocked, his curiosity filled t he room.

"What might your name be little half human," the birdman asked, his voice had quieted even more, calming to a joyous purr.

"Riella," I replied, still smiling like I had discovered something wonderful, "I am Tori Tengu, the crow demon from the japanese legends, my name translates to bird- crow demon. I welcome you to my peaceful home," the crow demon, smiled, understanding my confusion he explains why he was alive, and how he came to be, "I am one of the few legendary creatures from those stories you call myths. I happened to escape to one of the many hidden places from you humans," with a saddened smile Tori gently pats my head, noticing the unhappy look on my face at being called 'you humans' jerking up at the new gesture I giggle.

"Riella," Felix says, a relieved look on his face, I tilt my head at him, confused as to why he had looked worried.

"Brother!" I felt ecstatic, "This is Tori! He's a real demon!" I continued to ramble until I felt the crow demons hand rest on my head once again, bringing me back to reality.

"Whoops," I giggle, a sheepish smile on my face.

"You seem happy," Felix states, he doesn't look upset, which made me feel happier.

"I am!" I cheer, looking at Tori I grin, showing my cat like canines, "Look Tori! I haven't told you what I am!" I take a deep breath.

"I'm not sure what I really am, but I guess you could call Felix and I cat demons," I look at Felix, noticing a very confused look on his face.

"Riella?" Felix looks confused, "What do you mean Nekomata. Who is this? Why are you speaking like that?"

"I'm speaking normally, Tori's name is Tori, and I said we could be called cat demon," I said, Tori laughs aloud, making me look at him in confusion.

"Riella dear, you weren't speaking full english just now, you were reverting to one of the old languages," he says, chuckling quietly.

"Old languages?" I ask tilting my head in question, Felix continues to look confused, although I can tell I spoke full english this time.

"The languages this world once had, before the destruction of the Silence War," Tori explains.

"I don't understand, neither one of us could have been alive when the Silence War ended, our parents wouldn't have even been alive that long ago!" Felix cries.

"Brother?" I reach out, understanding his current need for comfort, he was confused and so was I, we both needed sleep and to destress.

"Tori?" I ask finally noticing when I reverted to the olden language,"Do you have a place to rest? My brother and I need to," I request, Felix looks at me shocked.

"I understood you this time," Felix accepts my offer for a comforting hug, "You held my hand, and I could understand."

I shrug, and yawned, hearing Tori chuckle, smiling happily.

"When did you last have guests?" I ask sleep slurring my words.

"Many, Many years ago little cat," Tori replies, lifting my brother off the ground as I hold onto Felix. I glance around slowly, sleep was now grasping me in its warm embrace, I was exhausted. I slowly accepted its offer of dreams, the world holding me in the continued circle of dreams.