Discovery

Continued running, we couldn't even see the building we had grown up in. The green of the grass sped below my feet, and the sky was filled with stars. The beautiful song of singing crickets, and the whispering of wind through the trees. I was ecstatic.The sounds were amplified as I slowed down. Excited as the world was forming a new image of life.

I watched the quiet sky, having finally stopping inside a darkened forest. The air was humid, and the trees were so bright compared, to the white, clean, screeching walls of the lab. "Riella," my brother began, "I think someone found us..." I shot a look of fear towards my brother. "A... Are..." I stuttered, I had spotted a man standing behind my brother, with a hand raised. "Br...Broth...Brother..." I stuttered again, I was terrified, and he slowly turned to look behind him, spotting the man's figure. I felt my black cat ears flatten with fear, and my tail tangled with my sweatshirt. I felt an insane burst of fear, until I heard a crack of bones, and a muffled yell of pain. A new figure had just smashed the mysterious man into a tree. Rushing to my side, my brother snatched my hand and began to run farther into the forest. The new figure stumbled after us. Calling for us to stop, we continued to run, until I tripped over a bump in the trail, pulling my brother to the same fate. The pursuant continued on before coming to a stop a few feet in front of us. I shot up, and watched as my brother moved in front of me. Worry filled me, and my aquamarine eye scanned around my surroundings thinking of ways to escape.

"Why are you running?" the voice was feminine.

"Why are you chasing us?" my brother snapped, anger evident in his now cold voice.

I was almost dead with exhaustion. I stumbled, shocking my brother.

"The woman will fall," the voice began, "I bet you've been running for awhile."

"We're fine," my brother hissed, his tail swishing with fury.

"Don't do it br... brother..." I mumbled collapsing into my full cat form.

"Uh-oh..." my brother whispered.

"You'll need a house?" The woman suggested, a knowing look on her dark skinned face.

End of Chapter, Next up is @KatsTie and her chapter!