Battling

It had been 2 years, and I was now 19 years old. I was still unsure of my future, but Arachne had been teaching Felix and I how to fight. We wanted to protect ourselves, and each other. Felix had gotten taller, and sturdier. I hadn't gotten taller, but I was more feminine. I had my own, personal clothing style, not the ugly white of the Laboratory, and I knew I had to learn more about the world. Arachne told us that she wanted us to travel. So she gave us money, and a map, and all the knowledge we had gained after 2 years with her. I knew what we had to do, and my brother did as well. So we started to travel, we learned that the world, wasn't as advanced as it was a few decades before, and the many wars had ruined the earth and its resources. The forests were growing back, and prairies were more common. Now, we are searching for a way to live, and new people to meet. Which has led us here, the middle, of, a bandit camp. A rich bandit camp. A smart bandit camp. And, we are probably doomed.

"Hand over the woman," A gruff voice yelled, alerting me of their presence once again.

"No can do, mister," I answered, lunging forward I slid a small dagger across his barren neck. It was pointless to bring out my main weapon for these mutts. I growled cruelly at the dying man.

"Riella!" I heard Felix call, I swung my dagger behind me nailing a large man in the neck, as he attempting to stab me with a short knife.

"I'm good for now," I yelled back, then I yelled in pain feeling pain from a scratch of the glistening silver blade attacking me.

"Riella? You alright?" my brother called, wanting reassurance.

"Yeah I'm fine!" I yell back.

"Watch out!" I hear a voice call out, it wasn't my brother but I jumped up anyway, landing in an overgrown willow tree, just barely dodging the flying projectile that had been thrown at me.

"What do they need?" I question, jumping towards my brother, to assist, and be assisted.

"I have no clue," Felix answers, flicking a knife up at an attacker, "They just started attacking us."

"Should we use the blade?" I ask, leaning back from an oncoming swing.

"If you want," Felix shrugs, "It'll be quicker to deal with the bandits."

"Gotcha!" I yell, grabbing my half of the scissor blade, it reaching from the ground to my head, and weighed a about 60-70 pounds. Felix, obviously owned the other half, it was the first blade pair we had made together, and we used it in battles if they took too long, or needed our fullest attention. The blades were most effective if used together, and we always worked together anyway. I lunged forward, stabbing a man who'd come up behind Felix.

"You ready bro?" I asked, coming to a stop behind him.

"Yeah, you?" I smirked as he answered.

"Always," I answered.

We slammed our halves of the blade together, before switching off who had the full scissor, every time we switched who held the pair, a new set of men would fall. The battle had gone on for quite awhile now, and new men kept appearing. Finally Felix was slashed, a slight graze in his left arm began to bleed. The beautifully evil crimson glistened, as my brother winced in pain.

"Felix?!" I yell terror and worry bursting through my words, at my call I was attacked, I was scratched, scraped, and thrown to the ground until I lay next to my brother. I felt myself shift, until I was fully in my cat form, and I was angered. Being a half cat meant I was able to increase or decrease my size slightly, so I made myself as large as possible, until I was close to the size of a medium sized lynx. Lunging towards the men attempting to kill Felix, who had shifted because of the pain, I protected him until the voice, telling me to watch out echoed through the clearing, ordering the bandits to freeze.

"Halt!" the voice called, it was cold, clear, and ever bearing. It was the voice of a leader.

"But, Kai," they protested, "We almost have them."

"I want them alive," Kai continues, ignoring the protesting men, "I want them to join us, not hate us you dimwits."

"Why did you want them to join us again?" A silvery voice echoes through the forested clearing.

I watched, still holding my protective pose until a small flash of gold, and a sharp stab of pain hits my side.

Slowly, Slowly, Slowly. "Riella!" Felix yells, until he is also hit.

A thud, and a yell of anger, and the duo watch triumphantly as the I fall to my brothers side. Finally asleep, and drifting into the dark world of dreams. 

AND NOW THE DREAM SEQUENCE BEGINS, AND ITS BACK TO