1. Thorin x Reader

(Btw in this Thorin, Fili and Kili are alive after Botfa so yay :D)

Slowly, you meandered down the halls of the castle, silently sulking because you were bored and you weren't allowed passed the front gate because of the thousands of dwarves who were flooding in from the blue mountains. The company had finally reclaimed Erebor! Being Gandalf's niece, you had been with the company from the very start. You had formed such close bonds with everyone, especially Thorin. Along the journey, you had somewhat fallen for the stern, striking king-to-be. And magically, you had won his affections too. He told you it was your H/C locks and your E/C eyes which enchanted him. But it was your beautiful smile and unconditional kindness which claimed him for your own. The company, in your eyes, was a family. You had no parents, you never even knew them, and Gandalf's travels were so far and so frequent, he thought it unfair to take you with him. So you spent much time in Mirkwood, the rest of the time travelling Middle Earth, helping wherever you could. Gandalf found you and said he would gladly take you on one of his marvellous adventures, and that was how you met the dwarves and Bilbo. Of course you were overjoyed when the company claimed victory over the kingdom, however since you had all settled into Erebor once again, the company had seemed a bit distant. At first it was little things like cutting conversations short when you walked into a room, but before long, none of them would even look at you. Not wanting to throw around accusations, you didn't say anything, but you felt a lonely ache spread in your chest each time you heard their laughter ring through the endless halls of the castle.

Thorin and the boys agreed to hold a ball as a welcome to all the dwarves who were finally returning home. It was in tomorrow night, but you had already decided you weren't going to go. Recently you felt as if they just didn't want you around anymore. It was especially hard as your uncle had gone to finish some other business and you knew not when he would return. Keeping your eyes glued to the floor, you dragged yourself down the hall, turning corners as they came, like a robot, unthinking. Suddenly, Kili and Fili appeared down the hallway from nowhere. Happily, your eyes widened as you smiled and waved. You called out to them "Fili! Kili! Hi!" You quickened your pace. But as you did so, the boys eyes flicked to you, then to each other, then they turned around and walked away with guilt flashing across their faces. "Assholes." You mumbled to yourself, kicking the ground, dejectedly. Not even Thorin would speak to you and he was supposedly in love with you! Tired of being excluded you stalked off to find the dwarves, any of them, and get some answers.

The castle was practically deserted, everywhere you went, there were empty rooms, empty chairs. Nearing the library, you heard the familiar muttering of Balin. The door creaked open as you gently laid a hand on it. Spying Balin hunched over a big, old book, you quietly walked over to him. He seemed far too engrossed in whatever he was reading to notice your presence, so you cleared your throat to catch his attention. "Oh, Y/N! I didn't see you there." Balin half-smiled before closing his book and pushing it aside. "I would love to chat but I must be getting somewhere rather hastily." He nodded, waddling past you closer to the door. You stopped him by softly resting your hand on his arm. "Balin, please. Nobody will speak to me. Not even Thorin. If I can't speak to you, I am entitled to believe I have no place here anymore." You sighed sadly. "What're you saying lass?" Balin crooked an eyebrow at you, not expecting you to be so forward. "I'm saying I don't know how much longer I can take being ignored. I was as much apart of the victory as Bilbo and yet I am the one being treated as if I am invisible." Steeling your face against the heartbreak which threatened to cloud your features, you stared at Balin awaiting an answer. "Y/N, there's not much I can tell you. Just don't give up on us, not yet." Was all he said, and then he scurried out of the library. Exhausted, you collapsed onto armchair, where Balin had been reading, and curled up into a ball. Closing your eyes, you felt one, solitary tear trickled down your cheek. This was not how you pictured the victory going. No. No, you told yourself. This was not how you pictured it. And it was not how it was going to go! Sniffling, you wiped your cheek dry and thundered to your room. Glaring at yourself in the mirror, you said with a low growl "I will not be pushed away."

That night, when the company gathered for supper, not inviting you of course, you waited until the low hum of dinner-time conversation filled the air before you threw the door open, startling them all into silence. Defiantly, you stood in the doorway, all eyes on you. As you were about to speak, Thorin raised from his seat. "What is the meaning of this?" He questioned calmly. "You. You all. I will give you one chance to tell me why you are all ignoring me, or I will take my bags and disappear for real. And you will not see me again." Shock seeped through the air, but still everyone remained silent, some of them diverting their eyes from you. After many moments, you cast a longing gaze at Thorin, pleading for the truth. You could have sworn you heard your heart stop beating when all he did was stand there. Looking at each dwarf one last time, you felt tears gather in your eyes. Nodding abruptly, you turned on your heel and walked to the door. Pausing, you said more to yourself than the rest of them "I don't know why I ever thought dwarves could have enough love to accept one who was not their own. I don't know why I ever tried." And with that you stepped away. "Wait!" Ori sprung up from his chair. "Y/N please don't go! Thorin. He was going to propose to you. At the ball. Tomorrow. He made us promise not to say anything, so we thought it would be better if we just didn't talk to you for a while. We're sorry." You froze. Your heart thudded in your chest. Could it be true? Not turning, you frowned. Merely seconds later, you felt a strong pair of arms slide around your waist. Thorin turned you to look at him, guilt contorting his face. "I'm so sorry. I was so worried about tomorrow, I forgot to think about today and yesterday and all the days before that when you were left alone. I'm sorry." He sighed. His hands were resting on the small of your back, pulling you close to him, while your foreheads touched. Placing your hands around his neck, you whispered "Were you really going to propose?" You felt him nod. Happiness flooded through your body, you couldn't believe it. This man, he really loved you. He went through all the trouble of keeping it a secret and you could see how upset he was. "Hey, uncle!" Kili called, adding a whistle. He threw something over to Thorin, who caught it easily. When he unfurled his hand, it revealed a small blue velvet box. Smiling to himself, Thorin got down on one knee and cleared his throat. "Y/N Y/L/N, I know the past few days I have not treated you how a man as lucky as I should, but if you would do me the honour, I will make sure there is never a day in your life when you are not loved and cherished by at least myself. So, will you marry me?" Thorin opened up the box revealing a beautiful silver ring, with dozens of tiny sapphires embedded into it. You stared, amazed. Was this really happening? Was he really asking you this? Taking a deep breath, you moved towards him, leant down and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. "I will." You giggled. He stood up, twirling you round and putting you down again. A chorus of cheers came from the other dwarves as they surrounded you and Thorin, hugging you tightly. "I suppose tomorrows ball will just have to be the engagement party now." Kili laughed.

"I suppose." Thorin smiled at you lovingly, taking your hand and pulling it close to his heart.

Hey guys, so this is my first one! I really hope you like it, I'm not sure whether it's too short, too long, too cheesy, too slow? I don't know! It's really whatever you guys prefer to read, so don't forget to comment and tell me what you think!