1. Kili x Reader (Part One)

Narrator's POV...

*Flashback*

"On your travels you shall receive a weapon of great power. Only one here has a hand strong enough to hold it, but whom I cannot say. If you show understanding and patience, you have every chance of succeeding in your quest, a powerful magic on your side. However, if you are not willing to listen, and if you abandon those in need, the weapon may prove too great for you all. Remember, allies are as valuable to the other side as they are to you. Be wise in your choices from now on..."

The company were intrigued and worried by the Lady's riddle. If there was a weapon awaiting them, they could reclaim Erebor in no time! Moments later, Lady Galadriel requested Kili speak to her alone. So as all the other's left to get ready for the journey, he stayed. Analysing him, Lady Galadriel said gently "What do you think of this weapon? " Pausing, slightly confused he mumbled "I think it'll give us a good chance; that's all that matters." Considering this, Galadriel frowned subtly "That's all? You have no interest in what it is or what it does? " This was a very strange conversation. Kili sighed "I have an interest in returning home, to my family and the people I love." Galadriel's seemed to perk up at this "Love? And what if you find the people you love are not under the mountain, what if they are elsewhere? " Curious, Kili stared at her "What do you mean?" She only shook her head and whispered "This world is large and complex Kili. But love can be found in the most unexpected places..."

*End of flashback*

Kili was sat on a lonely tree stump, away from the fire and the rest of the group. It had been two days since they left  Rivendell and he could not get that conversation out of his head. Why did elves have to be so confusing?! Kili was so distracted by his thoughts all the time he barely ate, barely spoke and the other's had noticed something was wrong too, especially Fili. Kili didn't want to tell any of them what Galadriel had said, they wouldn't listen, and tell him he needed to focus. He was trying to, he really was. But it was so hard when he was waiting for something or someone he didn't know. While the others ate, Kili decided to go for a walk. Strolling barely ten feet from the stump, he suddenly heard shouts from the camp. Drawing his sword, he sprinted through the bushes into the camp where he found everybody crowding round something he couldn't see. Pushing his way through, a small body lying on the ground came into view. It took Kili a moment to realise it was a girl, a girl draped in soaking clothes. She had H/C hair and fair skin. She laid on the grassy forest floor, her eyes closed, seemingly lifeless, save the slight rising and falling of her chest. "Who is she?" Ori asked, peering over Dwalin's shoulder. "I do not know." Thorin grumbled, then turned to face Gandalf "Have you any idea who she is?" Gandalf only shook his head cautiously, eyeing the girl. "How did she get here?" Kili questioned. "I found her while I was washing my sword by the river. She was in the water! Just floating along, unconscious." Dwalin stated. As they all stood, bewildered by the situation, the girl began coughing and spluttering. Bolting upright, her eyes snapped open in surprise. Her breath was ragged and she was quite clearly disoriented because she did not notice the huddle of dwarves watching her closely. Thorin approached her, and Kili thought he was going to help her up, but when she craned her neck to see Thorin towering above her, he drew his sword and pointed it directly at her. "Do not think I won't use this just because you are a girl. Tell me your name and how you ended up in the river." He growled. What was he doing? She was obviously lost and scared. Why did he always have to be so moody? Kili thought to himself, irritated. The girl shied away from Thorin's blade but spoke clearly "I would not expect you to relent from using your sword for any reason other than being frightened of me." She smirked. A few chuckles came from the dwarves, along with a chorus of taunting 'ooh's' The girl made Kili smile; it was peculiar for one in her situation to be so forward. "Do not be smart. Tell me your name!" Thorin roared angrily. The girls pale face grew solemn "I cannot." She sighed. Thorin's hands balled into fists "Tell me your name before I-" "I cannot because I do not know!" She yelled back at him. Frustrated, Thorin gripped her collar lifting her from the floor. The dwarves gawked at the scene before them. Thorin suddenly felt his hand shaking, his strength wavering. A heat like fire spread through his arm causing him to drop the girl to the ground, all the while she glared at him. Gasping for breath as she hit the floor, she crawled away slowly. "What did you do?!" He cried to her, holding his weakened arm close to him. Gandalf stepped forward and declared "I believe we should invite this young lady for something to eat before we begin threatening her." He eyed Thorin. "I feel the familiar hum of magic." Gandalf smiled at her kindly, gesturing for her to sit by the fire.