Chapter Two-Colors

Brutal Scene's P.O.V.

Most people believe that walking in the hot, beating sun, with no one by your side, is terrible. Who wants to be lonely in this world where you can die any second of any day? I do. This way I can't cry when someone dies, and nobody can cry when I die.

I honestly bet even if I was with people they wouldn't cry over my death. I've only felt wanted by two people in my life, and they're long gone. Ever since they left, nobody seems to really want to stick around me. I'm perfectly fine with that. Less things to worry about and more supplies for me.

Like for instance right now. I just broke into an old warehouse that I heard held food, water, batteries for ray guns, and other supplies. Of course I went at the darkest time of the night, so the blackness of the desert sky can be used as my cover.

That made it easy to sneak up on the seven Dracs guarding throughout and around the building. I easily could have done it during the daytime though, since Dracs are very idiotic cyborgs, at least I hope they are cyborgs and not actual people.

There doesn't seem to be any more Dracs left in this building, so I make my way to the supply room. When I get there I head straight to the ray gun batteries and grab about twenty.

I don't need that many but I can always sell most of them for carbons since I only have two left. Carbons are really hard to get, but you can use them at Dead Pegasus gas station/store to buy food, batteries, clothing, or even comic books.

Speaking of food, out of the corner of my eye I spot cans of power pup. The pre-moistened kibble that tastes like throw up. I grab as many as I can and stuff it into my backpack. It may be shit but it's better then starving to death. The last thing I need is water, which doesn't seem to be in this room. I stroll back into the hall in search for the missing water, but right when I'm about to walk into the room next door, I hear voices. Not loud ones, but voices that are trying to be quiet but are failing miserably. They could be fellow killjoys, but that just may be worse for me, as I don't do well with people.

I quickly duck into the closest room and see that it's held with clothing and accessories. I spot a leg holster for my ray gun right next to a mousekat head. Maybe I can swipe that on my way out, if I even get out. I see a large basket in the corner of the room and spirt to it and climb in, closing the top right as the door opens.

The first thing I hear is "hey look what I found!" This guy obviously is an inexperienced killjoy. Even I know to not shout in an unknown place.

I hear more footsteps and the door opens again, and a sigh could be heard. "Party put that down, you look like a five year old."

"C'mon. You and the guys all have helmets, while I'm here with a stupid mask. I'm keeping it."

"Fine Party, do what you like. I swear I feel like the older brother most of the time."

So they are all family? Maybe they can't be so bad. But being family means nothing out here to some people, as I had to learn that the hard way.

"Thank you Kobra, now let's get what we came here for."

I hear the door close with a bang and footsteps getting quieter. I slowly peek out from my basket and see that the room has cleared. Carefully, I step out of the basket and creep towards the holster. I quickly snatch it, and take note that the mousekat head has been removed. That's probably what that "Party" guy took. I then head to the door and open it without a sound, and I search the hall for a reachable air vent. As soon as I spot one I dash for it, open it, and climb in. Now this is how I'll get around the building looking for water without them finding me.

Party Poison's P.O.V.

The boys and I heard about this warehouse that had a lot of supplies in it, so naturally, we go to it. When we get there it we raise our guns and kick the door down, ready to fight. But it seems like someone beat us to it. There were a bunch of dead Dracs laying on the ground. We try to keep quiet, in case the unknown killjoy or whatever killed the Dracs is not so friendly. Unfortunately with four 21-25 year old men, that is extremely hard.

Me and Kobra Kid, my brother, head upstairs in search of supplies while Jet Star and Fun Ghoul stay downstairs to keep watch. I spot a door right when I get up the stairs and tell my brother to go into the room across from it. With our ray guns up, we both jump into our separate rooms.

My eyes quickly land on a mousekat head when I start looking around. I instantly grab it and put it on. Accidentally I got so excited that I yell out to my brother without thinking. "Hey look what I found!"

Kobra barges into the room thinking there was danger, but sighs when he sees me. "Party put that down, you look like a five year old."

I should be able to get what I want, I am the leader, right? "C'mon. You and the guys all have helmets, while I'm here with a stupid mask. I'm keeping it."

Seeing how he wasn't going to win, he finally agrees. But not without a comment that I ignore.

I thank him and tell him that we should go get what we came here for. He leaves the room and closes the door while I take one more look around the room.

I see a black version of my dead pegasus jacket behind a table on the floor and quietly walk over to it. I don't know why, but something was telling me to be quiet. When I walk to it I crouch down so I can pick it up. I'm about to stand up when I hear a creaking sound, like something's being opened.

A figure made of bright colors slowly comes into my field of vision. It takes something from a table, then heads to the door. It looks all around for a second then bolts out of the room.

I dash to the door and look into the hall way and see nothing. Could that have been my imagination? Or was it a hiding killjoy? That wouldn't make sense is if that was killjoy, because it was hiding from other killjoys. It probably wasn't a killjoy then, it honestly could have been anything.

I walk back into the hall wondering, what was that colorful thing? But more importantly, why did that missing piece I have always felt, feel complete now?

Hey guys I hope that was a good official first chapter! Thank you for reading, I'll try to update as much as possible, but school and sports make it hard. Winter break is coming up soon, so I can write a lot then. I'll see you next time!
-Brutal Scene