Chapter Twenty Three-To The End (Part Two)

Brutal's P.O.V.

We reach the gates and easily break them down. Then everybody starts sprinting down the long tunnel.

Soon we all reach the end of the tunnel and everyone splits up beside Party and I's groups.

"Okay guys, let's start making our way the Headquarters."

As we're lightly jogging, we see all the other killjoys doing their job. Dead Dracs and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W's, buildings with broken glass, and even a few fires already. I'm very proud.

Along the way, I see a group of Dracs and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W's, so I nudge Party and nod towards the group. He looks at the group then nods back at me. We all halt, raise our guns, and fire at them. They're all down before they even knew what hit them.

The eight of us high five each other and continue through the city. After a few minutes of shooting at random buildings, we make it to the headquarters. It's the tallest building of the many structures in the city.

"Damn, they had a lot of time on their hands."

"Shut up Ghoul."

"Both of you shut up and let's go inside."

"Thank you Party."

"You're welcome babe."

I jokingly roll my eyes at Party, but on the inside I love that he called me babe. If only he knew that.

Party starts walking to the glass doors and breaks them so we can get in. Unfortunately, this causes sirens to go off.

"Quick! Run to the stairwell!"

We all sprint to the stairs that are twenty feet ahead of us. When we're all in Jet locks the door.

"Let's start the long journey up the stairs."

This earns me some groans, but we all start walking up the stairs at a quick pace. When we get to the twentieth floor, a laser beam whizzes past my head. I look down to see Dracs coming up.

"You guys go! We'll hold them off!"

I look at Jet and Phoenix shooting all the Dracs. I hope I see them again.

We continue for another ten floors, then we're being shot at again.

"You guys get to the top! Ghoul and I got this!"

God fucking dammit. Not them too. I can feel the tears, but I keep on pushing.

The next time we barely make it over ten more floors before we're ambushed again.

"You two can do it. We believe in you."

Psychotic and Kobra too? I hate stupid Dracs.

"C'mon, we have eight more floors until we reach the top. We have to go Brutal."

Party grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers. I look in his eyes and see a future. Our future. That means he's right, we have to go.

"Let's go."

We start running up the stairs like there is no tomorrow, because honestly, I don't know if there will be one. But as long as I'm with Party, I don't care.

Floor Fifty

I stare at the door in front of me for a good minute before we go in.

"Okay, three, two, one."

Party swings the door open to a long hall. When we step in the hall, feedback goes off, then a voice comes on the loudspeakers.

"Well looks like we have the two head nonconformists. Welcome, I've been expecting you."