Chapter Seventeen-Dead?

Brutal's P.O.V.

I can't see anything. It's like someone turned the sky off.

"Hello? Is anyone there? Where am I?"

There's silence for a few moments, but then, somebody finally answers me.

"I am here, young one. Do not fear."

"Who are you?"

The mysterious persons laughs, but a friendly laugh, not an mean or evil laugh.

"It's not who am I, it's what."

Am I dead? Is this heaven? If it is they should really get some lighting.

"Are you God?"

The person, well thing I guess, laughs again.

"No, I am not. But I do help the restless souls to the other side."

"W-wait. Are you the Phoenix Witch?"

Suddenly it's like every single light in the world came on at once. It takes a few minutes for my eyes to get adjusted, but when they do, I see what looks like an older woman covered in black feathers and a strange mask.

"Yes Brutal Scene, I am the Phoenix Witch."

"D-does that mean I'm d-dead?"

The Phoenix Witch laughs once again.

"Yes, very much so. But your body is still warm. See?"

She points to something behind me. When I turn, I see everyone, the Motor Mouths and even the Fabulous Four, surrounding something. I walk over to it and see that they're surrounded around me, well my body. Their all sobbing, but Party seems to be the most broken. I can see it in his eyes, it looks like his whole world came crashing down. Maybe he does care about me.

"Hey! Guys! I'm right here!"

I jump when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"They can't hear or see you Brutal Scene."

"Why not!"

"Well you're kind of like a ghost right now."

"Oh, but is there anyway I can make them notice me?"

"I'm sorry dear, but no. Let me tell you something though. Walk with me."

The Phoenix Witch starts walking, I mean floating away. I have to jog to keep up with her.

"I can know what you are feeling, and what thoughts you are thinking. Even the thoughts you didn't even know that you were thinking."

Oh shit really?

"Yes really. And right now I can see that you're thinking that you'd do anything to go back to the others, to be alive again. Am I right?"

I nod at her, because I am speechless. This is so cool.

"But your unconscious thought are completely the opposite. Those thoughts are happy that you're dead. No more pain, worry, betrayal, and you will get to see your family again."

"I'm really thinking that?"

"Yes, I have never been wrong before."

I look at her and nod slowly, processing everything.

"Well now that you're saying it, I guess I kind of do feel like that. Speaking of my family, how are they?"

"They're very nice, but I will discuss them later. Right now you need to know something."