Chapter Ten-Sunsets

Brutal's P.O.V.

Why did Ghoul have to do that last night. Things are going to be so weird now. At least he made me realize that I might actually really like Party.

But still, I feel bad for Ghoul, he needs someone that will like him back. Maybe when the guys wake up I can ask them if they have anyone that would be good for Ghoul.

Right now I'm the only one up, eating some Power Pup behind the diner. I didn't want any of the good food so we can save it for another time. It gets kind of annoying that they always treat me special, but maybe it's because I'm not used to it. My last group was terrible, especially after my siblings died. They only tolerated me when they were around, but as soon as they were gone, so was I.

That group treated me like the kids used to at school. I was sixteen when the world went shit, which means I was a junior, aka one of the worst years of high school. Nobody liked my blue hair, my size, my style, my personality, or anything about me. It makes me wonder what Ghoul and perhaps Party see in me.

To make myself stop reliving bad times, I set up some cans on the crates for some shooting practice. Once I finish I stand fifty feet away and take aim. Every single one of them goes down, then someone starts to clap. I turn to see Party leaning against the building with his sunglasses on, clapping very slowly. Maybe now I can see if Ghoul was right about Party liking me, so I move a little bit in his direction.

"Very good sweetheart, I wouldn't want to mess with you."

He called me sweetheart. Fucking sweetheart. Now I can feel my heart is pounding and butterflies in my stomach. God dammit.

I move a little closer again, hopefully he doesn't notice what I'm doing.

"Well buttercup, I'm better then you'll ever be."

Really? Did I just call him buttercup? I'm so stupid. Anyways, I of course move even closer to him.

"I'd like to prove you wrong right now, but we're going to a friend's place now. Wanna join us?"

Oh damn, more people. But I said I was going to face my fears, so that means meeting more people. I move until I'm only ten feet from him.

"Yeah I'll join you guys, but you owe me a shoot off when we get back."

I am now standing a half a foot in front of him. His breathing grows very uneven, I can tell that I'm making him nervous.

"Y-yeah of c-course Brutal."

I go on the tip of my good foot and whisper in his ear.

"Good, don't want you disappointing me."

He takes a big gulp.

"I-I would n-never want t-to do that B-Brutal."

I smirk and pat him on the head.

"Now that's what I like to hear. Now c'mon, don't wanna be late."

I make my way to the front of the building, leaving poor Party there. Looks like Ghoul was right.

********************

We all get out of the car, which was extremely awkward between Ghoul and I since I had to sit right between him and Jet for four hours. I see that we're at an old gas station called Dead Pegasus. I guess I now know where Party's jacket came from.