Chapter Five-Broken Bones

Brutal Scene's P.O.V.

When I wake up, the sun is almost all the way up. How long did I sleep? My body probably just really needed a long sleep. So now maybe I can make myself a "breakfast."

I groggily pull myself out of the bed, and limp to where I saw the kitchen the night before. As soon as I get in there, my eyes land on the magical coffee machine. Maybe God is actually real.

Quickly, I hop on my one good foot over to the coffee maker, and frantically look for the coffee grind. After five minutes, I finally find it in a high cabinet. I put everything in the machine and put a mug underneath it as fast as I can, and pray to god that it will turn on.

I press the power button and it comes to life thankfully. Well this is already the best morning I've ever had, and it's only been ten minutes.

The liquid gold soon starts to drip into the mug, making me happier and happier as each drop falls. Within ten seconds a steady stream starts to falling, filling the cup to the rim. When it finishes, I speedily swipe the mug from the machine and turn it off. I then take a sip of the delicious coffee, burning my mouth in process. Looks like I forgot that you have to wait to drink it, whoops.

I sit myself down at the kitchen table and patiently wait for my liquid joy to cool. I count to 100 three times in a row, then try to drink it again. Perfect temperature for the perfect drink.

************************

After I finished my drink and found some real food to eat, then went looking for something to keep me busy until Dr. D comes.

Eventually I find a jacks set hidden in a dresser in the bedroom. Wow, I haven't played this game since I was a child. My father taught me and my siblings how to play before he left when I was nine. I never knew what happened to him, mother never talked about him.

Anyways, I play this game for about two hours, then it gets a little boring. Maybe there's another thing to keep me entertained in the drawer.

I stand myself up and limp over to the dresser, finding a Hunger Games book in it. Looks interesting enough, and I'm pretty sure I remember that they were going to make a movie about this book right before......things happened.

I hop myself onto the bed and start to get lost in the book. This book is kind of like what's happening here. A terrible thing happened, and a dictator took control and made a terrible society, except in the book, only twenty three people die a year. In the real world, hundreds die.

************************

Before I know it, I'm being shook awake. I open my eyes to see a man in a wheelchair wearing sunglasses. I do a double take and realize that this must be the famous Dr. Death Defying. He looks just like what everybody says he looks like. Long black hair, thin beard and mustache, yellow banana, and of course, his signature aviator sunglasses.

"Hey! Kid! What are you doing in my bed! And more importantly, how did you get inside!"

Whoops, I guess I was looking at him too long.

"I-I'm s-sorry sir. I c-ca-came here be-because I th-think I broke my f-foot and thought y-you could h-help. S-since you weren't h-home I found a w-way in s-so I co-could wait for y-you."

Totally nailed my first time speaking to someone in over a year.

"Hm, you broke your foot? Let me take a look at it."

I uncover my leg from the blanket and show him my very swollen foot and ankle. He looks at it for a second and his face grows a concerned look.