Chapter Nine

Arista hummed as she swam through the market, she had been wanting to get some new jewelry for her date that was coming up. She passed some of the vendors on the street who greeted her warmly.

She waved and gave them a smile and kept on her way. She didn't want to stop until she had what she needed.
As she was turning the last corner to go to one of her favorite shops she paused, there swimming through the market was her youngest sibling, and only brother...and he was holding a mermaid's hand!

Eyes wide, she tried to get a look at the girl, she had never seen her before and she had never see the look on her brothers face before. He had all his attention on the girl with him, eyes taking in every movement she made.

'Huh...this is definitely a good development than...' she thought to herself as she followed behind the couple for a few more minutes. She could tell her brother was interested in this girl, but with Arista not knowing who she was and if she was like all the other girls that have tried to get to him and their family...she wanted to make sure that this girl wasn't going to break her brothers heart if he gets that attached to her.
...and from the looks he keeps sending the raven haired mermaid...he was already enthralled by her.

Arista saw that Arel took the girl to a traveler's hotel and knew she should get home. Her shopping could happen on a different day, she wanted to get home before her brother so she could question him.

What Kind of a sister would she be if she didn't question him on him on his love life...or to be love life if things went his way...and hers.

If her father knew that Arel showed interest in the opposite gender he would have them married by the end of the day.

Grinning Arista swam away, she would question him when he came home...then it would be a good night for all the girls to get together to form a plan.

She and her sisters only wanted their littler brother to be happy, and knew if their father ended up doing an arranged marriage, Arel wouldn't be happy. They didn't want that...so if this girl...was going to be the key to keep him happy in the years to come...then they would have to get to know more about this girl.

Who she was...where she came from.
They would have to learn as much as they could.

Arista was making a mental list as she swam home as fast as she could. Ideas and other scenarios going through her mind a mile a minute.

X-x-x

On land a handsome man made his way on the beach, enjoying the smell of the ocean as he watched the sun set in the sky.

He had a hard day and walking along the beach was something that calmed him down. The sound of the ocean hitting the sand, the birds flying in the sky, it was the sounds he grew up around.

Blue eyes closed as he stopped and looked at the endless void of water that was the sea...he had a feeling something was coming...but he didn't know what.

Hearing a bark beside him, he grinned and gave the dog a pat on the head before continuing down the beach, the feeling of something coming still on his mind.

...and he didn't know how right that feeling was.