Chapter Twenty-Four

Kagome gave a hum as she sat the last plate down at the table. She hadn't gotten to help with the cooking, but she learned how to make the dishes. The food down here was something else. A lot of it was plant based with other add on of seasonings that she had never heard of before. It was a different learning curve for her, that was for sure. 

"You can sit down. I am going to grab my husband. He had been sharpening his sword in the back and tending to some of the seahorses." Vyline told Kagome and Yvett who both sat down at the coral made table and clam chairs. Kagome was very amused by this, but sat down as the two of them waited. Kagome had yet to meet Tronor. Kagome knew he helped with the Inn, but he mostly worked as a guard at the Palace. 

Kagome had wondered if the stories she had read were true when she was younger. The story of a princess who wanted to be human and gave up everything in the name of love, even her life. Shaking the thoughts out of her head she and Yvett looked to the door to hear laughter as a man with dark ebony hair that was long and pulled back into a low ponytail as it tailed down half his back, he had dark navy armor trimmed with gold and a sword at his side, with a deep navy tail that matched the armor. His light blue eyes clashed with her own as he gave he a small smile as he swam next to his wife. 

"Hello." Kagome smiled at the two. She would tell the two were inlove how they werea cting. She wondered how long the two had been married. 

"Kagome, this is Tronor, my husband." Vyline motioned to her husband with a bright smile, "This is Kagome, she is out newest occupant. She is a traveler staying for an undecided amount of time." 

"It is nice to meet you." He pulled the chair out for his wife before sitting down at the end of the table, "What brought you to Atlantica." 

Kagome blushed at this, "It wasn't planned. I had a small mishap and someone helped me bringing me here." Which was true, Arel did help her and brought her here.

"I got into a bit of trouble loosing my travel items as well, so I am staying for a bit and recouping and seeing Atlantica for the first time." She told the man as everyone started to eat. 

"I am sorry for you misadventures...."He spoke, a small smile sent her way. Kagome nodded in thanks as she took a bite of her food. It was really good. Way better than she thought it would be at first look. 

"Where are you originally from? Your coloring looks to be from Bering Sea or the Yellow Sea." Tronor inquired as he took a bite of his own food. The two woman looked at Kagome in interest at this question. 

"I don't know." Kagome blinked, truthfully. She didn't know the coloring could show were you were from, but if she had to guess the coloring of tails and hair could be like skin color and ethnicity on land. 

"I am an orphen. I grew up traveling with a bunch of others. We never stayed in once spot for long." Some of this was true. She was an orphan in the sence of no family anymore. Her family was gone in another time had has been out of her reach for awhile now. They don't even remember who she was.  Her decideding to stay in the past, made things be rewritten in the future....Midoriko had explained it before...it was long and complicated. Her family was alive and safe, that is all that really mattered to her...even if they didn't know her anymore. 

"I am sorry." He spoke, not knowing this as he glanced at his wife. 

"Is that why you travel so much?"Vyline asked, frown on her face. She didn't know this fact, she knew the girl was a traveler but nothing of her family status. 

"I guess. I just haven't found the place I call home yet." Which she had told Arel this today too. She hadn't found the place she has wanted to settle down at.  The atmosphere in the room grew quiet and Kagome could feel the awkwardness fill the air. 

"When are you going to be seeing your friend again." Yvett asked changing the subject, a small smirk on her lips as she took a drink. Vyline gave a small giggle but didn't say a word. The way she had said friend, made Kagome raise an eyebrow. 

"You mean Arel...he said he would come around lunch..." Kagome trailed off as she heard a splutter and coughing come from the other end of the table. Tronor had taken a drink at the same time she answered Yvett's question. 

"...Arel..?" Tronor inquired looking at Yvett then his wife who both were giving him amused looks. Kagome just titled her head to the side, totally lost. She didn't know why they had reacted like this when he had picked her up and left today...but apparently Arel is keeping something from her.

She would let him keep his secret for now, but she was still curious why everyone was acting like it was such a big deal.  

"Yes." Kagome said hesitantly as she looked at the palace guard with a frown, "He is a friend. He said he is going to show me around Atlantic a bit more....and apparently we are going on adventure with his other friend Flounder tomorrow too..." She shook her head at this.

"I don't know what adventure we are going on but from his other stories it is going to be fun." Kagome ate the last bit of her dinner and glanced around the table. There was definitely something going on she wasn't aware off. The look on Tronor's face said a lot to her, but apparently Vyline gave him a look and whatever he was going to say, he kept to himself. 

"Thats good. You can help out with the seahorses in the morning after you wake up, after that you are free to do what you want.  Just tell me before you leave and you can tell me then if you will be back for dinner or not." Vyline told Kagome who nodded. 

"Did you want help with dishes?" Kagome asked as she saw that everyone was done eating. 

Vyline shook her head and gave a laugh, "Tronor here is doing dishes tonight. He needs to keep his upkeep here too."  

Kagome smiled at the look Tronor sent his wife who was giggling. 

"Thank you for dinner then. I shall see you in the morning." She then swam off, and could hear hushed whispers behind her. She could have stayed and tried to figure out what was going on, but decided not to. 

She was tired and had a feeling tomorrow was going to be a long day. 

XXX

I have new stories out if you guys like Kiss the girl...they are Disney based.

Let it go-- Kagome/ Male Elsa from Frozen

Color of the soul: Male Pocahontas/Kagome

A whole new World: Male Jasmine/Kagome  a Aladdin fic

Finding her pride: Lion King /Kagome-Simba

You'll be in my heart: Tarzan Kagome