Chapter Eighteen

Kagome let herself be dragged into the shop, her eyes taking in everything as they entered. The shop was nice, and there were only one or two people in there, excluding the person behind what looked like a register, but Kagome wasn't completely sure if that is what it was.

She didn't say anything as Arel moved to the many shelves of bags that ranged in many different colors. She watched as he glanced over to her and gave her a smile, "Well.." he paused blue connecting with blue, "... pick a bag and we will start filling it with what you need."

Kagome blinked and gave a small nod, she did need things to survive. She had nothing but her 'sea shell' top and her necklace. She had nothing in this place that she owned. No money, or small trinkets to remember her past, besides the cursed necklace that rested on the hollow of her throat.

She went to a teal colored bag, it looked big enough it would fit plenty, but small enough it wouldn't bother her to swim around with it. She gently took the back in her hands and glanced at Arel who was watching her every movement, making a small blush dust her cheeks.

"Alright. We can pick up some survival tools and light rocks for you." Arel told her as he took the bag and sat it by the register.

He looked to the man behind the register, who gave Arel a nod and took the bag and sat it behind him on a table. Arel saw back to where Kagome was and pulled her to the other side of the store that held other items, some looked similar to things she saw above water, and there were other items she had no clue what they were.

'Things are the same but different down here.' Kagome thought to herself as she glanced at the items that were neatly in baskets on the wall. She went forward and picked up a container that held purple, pink and light blue rocks. She gave a small frown but didn't say anything as she sat it down and picked up another one that had green, dark blue and yellow.

'Petty.' Kagome thought as she tilted the container with small rocks. She didn't know what they were, but they still looked pretty to her.

"That is a good set of fire rocks, good colors." Arel said as he took the container from him, "Is this the color of lights you want?"

Kagome nodded. She wasn't sure what they were, but she must need them if Arel was asking her if she wanted them.

Arel grinned, "I grabbed you a survival kit. It has kept and other things for wounds, and some tools like rope and some knives in there. I also grabbed a blanket. Is there anything else you need?"

Kagome gave a small smile, "No. Those are the necessities. I don't need anything else." She really didn't want him really buying her anything at all, but she was probably going to go exploring so she could find a way to get back to her own time. The things that were getting bought today could help her when she became a real wanderer of the sea.

Arel smiled and made his way to the register, and Kagome watched as he paid for her things and took the backpack that was now filled with things.

When leaving the show Kagome swore she heard whispering from people. She couldn't hear what they said but as they continued on her way she could still feel eyes on the two of them.

"Arel?" Kagome glanced at the red-haired boy, "Why is everyone staring?" She glanced around and saw some of the other mermaids and mermen glancing at the two of them.

Arel glanced around with a frown, his blue eyes narrowed before he turned to Kagome with a weary grin, "They just are jealous that we look like such a cute couple."

Kagome's face went bright red at this, giving Arel a small glare before she swam ahead of him. She could hear Arel chuckling behind her as she saw, but she ignored him as she kept swimming.

"Kagome." Arel called out, making Kagome glanced at him, "I was just joking..." he gave a small pause as he whispered the last part for no one to hear, "...mostly..."

Kagome shook her head as she looked around, there were still people staring at them, but she had worse looks before. When she was in Feudal Era she had gotten hateful looks, these looks were just curiosity and wonder.

Nothing like being in the past.

"Where are we going next?" Kagome asked as she glanced around the street at the other stores around her.

Arel grinned widely, "It's a surprise." He then grabbed Kagome's hand leading her to where he hoped would be a good place to start wooing the blue eyed girl.