Chapter 25

Joel was finally released from the hospital about a week ago. We are now going to his house for a family dinner. I'm actually very excited to go back to my hometown. I had so many memories there with Joel.

We had our hands intertwined. No we aren't dating, we just have a thing. I really want us to date but I'm not sure if he's ready. I lay my head on his shoulder and take a quick nap.

*Joel's POV*
So I am planning to ask Zandra out after dinner. I want to go back to our first "play date." Which was a park near by our house. She is peacefully sleeping on my shoulder with our hands still intertwined. About an hour later we have arrived to my house. "Zandra," I said softly shaking her, "we're here."

She then woke up. She stretched and I helped her out of the car. I paid the driver and we walked towards my house hand to hand. I rang the doorbell and Gabriel opened the door. "Hi Joel." He greeted me. Then he looked at Zandra. "Heyy Zandra." He said in a playfully girl voice and then hugged her. Damn not even me.

"Hey Gabe. Jealous Joel?" Zandra said as he continued hugging my little brother.

"Me jealous? Oh hell no!" I laughed we then head inside.

"Mija!" My grandma said. Wow Zandra is the star of the night today. Don't blame them she is also my star.

We all sat down and waited for the prayer to start. "Who will volunteer to pray?" My dad asked.

"Zandra." We all said.

"But I suck at praying." She pouted.

"The best prayer comes from the heart." My dad told her. She bowed her head and so did everyone and prayed.

"I thank you God for reuniting us once again. I thank you lord for giving us all the things we need, I thank you for all of us having great health. Please bless this delicious food that you have given us and um Amen." She awkwardly said but it was cute.

"Amen." We all said we then all served ourselves. I love this. I miss us all together. Jasmine is also here. Both her and Zandra are talking. She's also pregnant I think she's 7 months now. They're having a baby girl which I am highly excited about. We need more girls in my family.

"Have you guys chosen a name yet?" Zandra asked.

"Yea her name is going to be Amanda." Jasmine answered her.

"That's a beautiful name."

"What are you going to name yours?"

"Um well if its a girl, for sure its going to be Maggie in honor of my mom. If its a guy, I'm going to name him Joel." She said then turned and smiled at me.

"Joel? Hahaha" I nervously laughed, "why not Miguel. It'll match with my brothers and I. Gabriel, Israel, Emmanuel, Joel." I told her.

"Hm, we'll see when the time comes." She said. We then continued eating.

««»»

Once we finished eating, I quickly grabbed my guitar and head outside with Zandra. We walked to the park we would always hang out. "Aw, I remember this place. This is where we had our first play date and we would always hang out here." She said then she went up to the slide. Its was kind of dark and no kids were here. I followed right behind her and we both went down together.

"Again!" She said laughing. We then raced each other to the top again. We slide slide down again. This time I stayed on the bottom and Zandra went back on top.

(An: okay so I'm going to make this into a movie scene so yea use your wild imagination for this and if you get confused reread it)