Too late to apologize

Three weeks had passed of the New Directions spending time overseas in the trips of their lives and though there was many happy times like Lucas experiencing the beach and loving it to Kurt getting fawned over by both genders that he had a ton of fans, Blaine included, there was also the giant elephant that followed the group to every hotel room and outing. Kurt never put Lucas in the hands of or near Puck, Finn and Santana ever since he blew up at them at the airport. It hurt his heart to watch Lucas reach for any of them and nearly cry because Kurt or Blaine wouldn't let him be near them but Kurt didn't trust them after what they did. Everyone knew that and understood, careful to not to bring it up until one night Mr. Schue had offered to watch Lucas so Kurt and Blaine could go out with the others. Kurt had just finished putting on his bow tie when Blaine looked at him from his spot on the bed. Kurt looked up in the mirror, seeing the look on his face.

"I'm not changing my mind Blaine." "Come on Kurt..." Blaine stood up and Kurt turned to face him, crossing his arms. "It's killing Lucas for crying out loud." "I. Don't. Trust. Them. With Lucas." "They brought him back and took him to get food! It's been three weeks and they feel guilty enough so why can't you just forgive them?!" Kurt scoffed and couldn't help what came out of his mouth next. The moment it left his mouth he knew he had messed up big. "Why don't you go in that brain of yours that you keep under that ridiculous gel and remember why I can't?! God! Why do you always have to annoy me about my decision?!" Kurt gasped and immediately covered his mouth when he saw the broken look on Blaine's face as Blaine backed away, tears springing in his eyes. "Blaine..." Kurt whispered and tried to move forward but Blaine crumbled and ran into the bathroom, slamming the door and locking it. He sat against the door, crying softly in his hands as he covered his face while Kurt cried to himself, holding his waist. He didn't mean to say those things but he was just so angry everytime he thought about what happened. Kurt clutched his head as he paced, tears falling fast. He needed help and he needed it now. Kurt grabbed his phone and went out in the hall, dialing the familiar number.

"Hey dad..." Kurt sniffles and wiped his eyes. "What's wrong? Is it Lucas? Blaine?" "Neither. Well more like its Blaine and I...We...We got into a fight. About you know..." "You still haven't done what I said? Kurt it's been weeks!" Burt couldn't help but scold Kurt who hung his head in shame. When he had calmed down after the confrontation, Kurt had called his father about what happened. "I know but everytime I look at them I just feel so angry because they took him and didn't tell me. Home is different but we are in another country. Anything can happen." "And the same can happen over here Kurt. It's not different. That's Lucas' family. I'm not telling you what to do with your own kid but come on, you're probably killing him and I wanna bet that it's now taking a toll on Blaine and you." Kurt sniffled and pressed the heel of his hand to his forehead as he cried shamelessly. It broke Burt's heart to hear Kurt crying but he had to be honest with him.

"What do I do dad?" Kurt cracked out. "Stand up, brush yourself off, go apologize to that loyal husband of yours, then go apologize to that beautiful baby you have together and then go talk to Finn, Puck and Santana. It's the right thing to do."

That's exactly what Kurt set off to do but he decided to head off to see Finn, Puck and Santana first. He knocked on the conjoined room door and took a deep breath as Quinn opened the door. "Kurt!" She said with a smile before frowning when she saw the stray tears. "Are you okay?" "Can I come in? I think it's better if I talk to everyone." "Yeah of course." Quinn let Kurt in and shut the door behind him. Everyone greeted him including Finn, Puck and Santana. Kurt took a moment before starting to talk. "I want to let everyone know that I'm crying because Blaine and I got into a fight but it was my fault, not his. I'm in the wrong doing because I should've done something a long time ago and now it's not only taking a toll on my marriage but also on someone smaller that we all care about, Lucas. I haven't been fair to him and I haven't been fair to you guys."

"It's okay Kurt. We were in the wrong by not telling you or Blaine. We weren't thinking and now it's affecting Lucas. The last thing I want to do is hurt that little guy or for anyone to hurt him." Finn said. Kurt turned to him and he could see the dark circles that Finn would hide. He went over as Finn stood up and hugged him. Finn hugged back and patted his back. Puck followed suit and then Santana. Kurt smiled at each one. "I'm sorry you guys. I hope we can get past this someday." "Already forgiven." Puck said. "Go see the little dude." Kurt nodded and waved goodbye to everyone before heading to Mr. Schue and Ms. Pillsbury's room and knocked. Mr. Schue opened the door and let Kurt in. "I just wanted to see Lucas." "Of course, he's laying in his crib." Kurt nodded his thanks and went in the other room where Lucas was laying awake in the small crib. Kurt smiled and leaned down to pick him up, holding him in his arms. "Hey Luke. Daddy's so sorry that he hurt you like he did this whole trip but he's going to do better. I promise. Papa Blaine is sorry too." Kurt stood there, rocking Lucas and kissed his head over and over. Eventually Lucas fell asleep and Kurt laid him back down and tucked him in as he ran his fingers through Lucas' tiny curls. He left the room and made his way back to his and Blaine's room where Blaine was still in the bathroom.