Thanksgiving Pt. 2

Kurt woke up before Blaine to his husband's arm wrapped around his chest. Kurt smiled lazily and gave a soft kiss to the arm before gently moving it away so he could get up. It was hard to move away from the world's most comfortable bed but he did and left the room quietly to go to the nursery. He turned on a light and smiled when he saw Lucas laying awake on his stomach, teddy bear clutched to his side.

"Hi bear. Hi buddy." Kurt whispered as he stroked his son's hair. Lucas closed his eyes and sighed before sitting up and crawls to Kurt's open arms. Kurt hugged the toddler and kissed his head, holding him close to his heart. Lucas held onto Kurt's silk pajama top and kept his ear over his papa's heart. Kurt soon picked him up and wrapped his blanket around him before leaving the nursery. Lucas had his bear in his hands as he kept an arm around Kurt's neck. Kurt walked to the kitchen and silently groaned when he saw Tim amongst Cooper, Ben and Jack. He walked in anyways and smiled when Ben came over to greet his grandson with a soft stroke of the hair. Lucas gave the same reaction he gave to Kurt earlier before he found both him and his papa being pulled into a hug. "Good morning Kurt." "Morning Ben." Ben let go and Kurt greeted Jack and Cooper, ignoring Tim because it was far too early in the morning to be dealing with him. "What are you doing up so early?" He asked. "We actually are going over the plans for the thanksgiving dinner set up. It's far too small to do it in here so we figured the barn but between the four of us, all we know is how to set up tables and chairs but not make it all fancy and stuff." Jack explained. "But since you're awake and all the women are asleep, maybe you can help us?" Cooper asked, eyes pleading. Kurt sighed and nodded his head to the spot next to his coffee mug. Cooper brought over the papers and extended his hands for Lucas. "You're addicted to him." Kurt joked, gently prying Lucas off of him, not noticing the trail of drool, and handed Lucas to Cooper. "Not my fault you birthed the cutest baby in the universe. Even when he sleeps, he's like almost not even real." Kurt blushed at Cooper's words and raised a hand to run his fingers through Lucas's hair. "Uh, Kurt? You've got drool on you." Ben said. Kurt looked at where he was pointing and smiled at it. "It's fine. It'll come out easily. No use freaking out over it. Just sacrifices to be made." Kurt smiled at the shocked look at Jack, Ben and Cooper. Cooper looked at Lucas with a transfixed look. "What did you do to him?" Kurt chuckled and looked at the plans, already frowning.

He took a pencil from Cooper and fresh paper from Jack. Ben put some fruit down in front of him. Kurt wrote and drew some notes, mumbling a Hi to whoever entered and exited the kitchen. Tim had left some time Kurt was getting to the fifth page and Kurt didn't acknowledge him as he worked over the five pages and checked them before handing them to Ben. "These might be better suiting and clear so you won't have to ask time and time what it is. I don't mind helping with the fabric and styling." Kurt yawned after he said all of that and took a sip of coffee, taking Lucas back into his lap. Lucas tried to eat his breakfast with his spoon but gave up, eating with his hands. "Kurt, these are amazing. Like seriously amazing." Lyla said, looking at the plans. "Way better than what I drew up. You, young man, are very talented." Lisa pointed and Kurt blushed. "Oh stop. You had the idea right but wrong colors and tables. Round tables would only separate everyone and leave gaps. A long, straight rectangular table times three would bring everyone together and leave room for the spread tables. Bring in the piano and you have the perfect family dinner." Kurt smiled and cleaned Lucas' hands when he was done his breakfast and Kurt took his warmed up one from Lisa. Ben pointed at Kurt with a smirk and looked at Burt. "Burt, I don't know how you do it or did it but you raised quite the young man and the perfect son in law." Ben patted Kurt's back and Kurt chuckled. "Don't ever let anyone ever make you doubt your talents. I am 110% behind everything you do." Ben looked at Kurt proudly and Lyla smiled at him. "I think this whole family is. People could not stop cooing over Lucas. I think he started to soak up the attention before crawling up into Burt's or Jack's lap to sleep." She said. "Or backs. There was one time he slept on my back and if Darren didn't take a picture and show me, I would've thought it was the dog or a ghost." Cooper said, showing Kurt the picture. Kurt laughed as he saw Lucas pliant like Cooper on his stomach while on Cooper's back and was deeply asleep. "Awww bear, you look so cute." Kurt kissed his son's cheek and handed Cooper back his phone. "Why do you call him Bear?" Lisa asked. "Oh it's something Blaine and I came up with when one time we was just watching Lucas sleep one night. He was curled up against his bear and curled up like a bear cub would sleep so we just started calling him bear and he loved it. Crawled around the house saying bear over and over." Kurt smiled at the memory and chuckled. "Bear!" Lucas said, holding up his teddy bear before clutching it to his chest. "Bear!" He pointed to Kurt and Kurt gasped playfully. "I'm not a bear, I'm papa." Lucas looked around and saw Blaine coming in tiredly. "Bear!" Everyone chuckled as Blaine raised his head and lifted an eyebrow, smirking. He came over and Lucas squealed. " 'iss monster!" He laughed when Blaine lifted him up and began kissing all over his face. Lucas giggled and and squirmed as he tried to hide his face but one kiss to his nose and the boy was still, still giggling. "Dada!" Everyone's hearts warmed up and melted at that and awed when Lucas hugged Blaine's neck. Blaine hugged Lucas back and smiled as he leant down and gave Kurt a good morning kiss on the lips. Kurt smiled and kissed back before pulling away. "Good morning. Nice of you to join us." "Nice to be greeted by my favorite people." Blaine smiled and nosed Lucas' cheek.