Chapter 9

October 29th

46 days till Anna's death

Eleanor had been rushed to the hospital, on the verge of death from blood loss. They reached the hospital in the nick of time, Eleanor's life had been saved. She still resides in the hospital, slowly recovering. She was taken to surgery immediately and given blood. The bullet had penetrated her kidney, severing damaging it, causing it to be removed. Danielle suffered from severe head trauma, her face was swollen and she had a severe concussion. Anna got off lucky, with a bruise on her cheek and lines from the zip ties that held here feet and hands together. Zayn, Liam and Louis were all in a panic when they got news of this.

They had rushed to the hospital, all of them in tears. Anna was balling her eyes out, screaming that this was all her fault. Maybe if she had obeyed the gun man Eleanor and Danielle would not have been hurt like this. Zayn comforted his upset girlfriend, telling her over and over it wasn't her fault. But no matter what Zayn said, it did nothing to help Anna. They had been at the hospital since they arrived. Liam and Louis by Eleanor and Danielle's side 24/7. Never leaving, expect to maybe use the toilet. Louis had been in tears every second, he couldn't stop crying. Harry had told him if he didn't stop crying that he would run out of tears and never be able to cry again. This only worked momentarily. Harry really tried to cheer up his best friend. He soothed him with words, stayed by his side and even hugged many times. It hurt Harry seeing his best friend in pain. But Harry could only do so much.

"Louis, Liam maybe you two should get some sleep. You've both barely slept since-"

"I'm not leaving her side. She could die in the middle of the night. I need to be by her." Louis cutoff Zayn, tears pricking at his eyes.

Anna walked over to Louis and placed both hands on his shoulders. She squeezed them, feeling him relax under her touch. Louis eyes fluttered closed and his hand released from Eleanor's, sitting back in the chair. Anna began to massage his shoulders, working at knots. Louis on the other hand was quite relaxed now, Anna's hands working wonders on his tight muscles.

"Zayn you never told us Anna was good with her hands" Louis smirked, his eyes still closed in pleasure.

"Not really something  I thought I had to tell you boys" Zayn chuckled, his cheeks turning crimson from the cheeky comment.

Anna's cheeks churned a bright crimson as well, knowing that she was excellent with her hands. She continued with the massage for a few minutes until she finally stopped, hands aching from being so rough. Anna then went and stood next to Zayn, who was casually leaning up against the wall of the hospital room. Zayn slipped an arm around her waist, tugging her into his side. She leaned into him with her head in his neck, leaving small kisses on the open skin.

"How are you feeling?" Zayn whispered so only Anna could hear him.

"Alright I guess. I just feel like this is all my fault" she breathed, closing her eyes.

"It's not your-"

"Yes it is," she exclaimed cutting him off," it I had just listened to that guy none of this would happened!"

"If you did, maybe you could have been hurt. He could have shot you"

"I would rather take the bullet instead of it hitting Eleanor. I would rather get severe head trauma rather Danielle have it!" Anna cried out, now bringing attention to herself.

"I would rather die, then see them hurt, I would risk my life for them. They don't deserve to be like this, that should be me lying on those beds, not them! They don't deserve this! I do!" Anna finally yelled out, falling to he knees sobbing.

This woke up both Danielle and Eleanor, both hearing Anna's whole outburst.

"Anna" Eleanor croaked, turning her head to the side. Anna shot up and walked to her bed side.

"Anna...n-none of us deserved this. But that's just life. Things don't always work out like we want them t-to. I-I truly appre-ciate t-the fact that you would rather die t-then s-see us h-hurt. Anna, I-I'm going to...miss.....you......." the machine began to beep, Eleanor's hand went limp, her eyes fluttered closed.

Panic began to erupt in the room, nurses and doctors swarmed the room, sending everyone out. Louis was in tears, sobbing loudly into Harry's chest. Anna wasn't even standing on her own, Zayn being her only support. Anna cried and screamed, trying to pry Zayn's arms from her. It was no use, she was no stronger then him. She finally gave up, and just cried and cried. They made they're way to the waiting room and took a seat. Louis was still a mess, Harry supporting him the best he could. None of this was supposed to happen, this shouldn't have happened.

There are only seconds between Life and Death, it's your choice to decide what to do.