Chapter 26

December 8th

6 days till Anna’s death

After the boys and Danielle had left, which was around 7 o’clock, Anna dragged Zayn upstairs to their bedroom. She shut the door as he took a seat on the edge of their bed. Zayn prepared for whatever wrath he was about to get from Anna.

“Alright, I want you to tell me why you’ve been gone a lot recently and who you’ve been with. Now” Anna stood in front of Zayn, arms crossed, her face stern.

“I will, babe, but sit down please?” Zayn gently placed his hands on her forearms and slowly brought her to a sitting position in front of him.

“I am so sorry that I’ve been gone a lot recently. I’ve just been busy trying to plan things and get some work done. And I’ve been with Harry mostly, so you don’t have to worry”

“What kind of things and work?"

“I can’t really tell you,” Anna scoffed standing to her feet,” Anna, please? I can’t say a word, it’s not my place. You can call Harry up and scream at him. He’s the one who made me promise not to say anything”

“Why not?”

“Call Harry and ask him”

Anna angrily grabbed at Zayn’s phone as he held it out for her. He watched as she typed in his number and sticking it next to her ear. She entered the bathroom as she spoke to Harry. Zayn sat patiently on the bed, trying not to overhear their conversation. But that was rather hard when she was screaming her head off at him. But it was soon all to quiet and Anna came strolling back out of the bathroom. She dropped the phone onto Zayn’s lap and left the room. Confused, Zayn stood to his feet and chased after her.

“Anna, babe, what’d he say?” He was ignored as he followed behind her.

“Anna please, what did he say?” again he was ignored. Zayn did not like to be ignored, especially during something like this.

Zayn grabbed hastily at her wrist, spinning her around. Anna’s breath hitched in her lungs as she stared wide-eyed at Zayn. She felt her body twitch, she knew what was coming, but did Zayn. She stood frozen as Zayn scolded her, but her twitches became more apparent. This stopped Zayn’s rambling as he watched his fiancé drop to the floor and spasm uncontrollably. He was quick at removing any objects near her. He even raced to grab anything that could cushion her from hitting her head. Zayn stood there watching helplessly as Anna spasm before him. But sure enough her body grew lip and her twitching ceased. Zayn took this as his chance to take her side and cradle her close to him. He stroked her hair lovingly and whispered sweet words.

“I’m sorry baby; I didn’t mean to do that. I’m so sorry” he whispered to her, kissing her over and over.

“It’s f-fine Zayn” Anna stuttered out, raising her hand to his cheek, comforting him.

“Let’s get to bed then, you look exhausted” Swiftly, Zayn scooped Anna up, carrying her to their bed.

She wasn’t in anything that important so he just laid her down and got undressed himself. He scooted in behind her, snaking his arms around her. Her hand found his, intertwining their fingers. Anna shut her eyes and began to feel sleepy. Zayn words were the last she heard as she drifted off.

“I love you, don’t ever forget that”

Thanks for reading. Only one more chapter left ily :)