Chapter 24

December 3rd

11 days till Anna’s death

That night, after Zayn had popped the question, they went out for dinner. Zayn had booked it a couple months ago and was happy he could use it. They dined in peace, sort of, and enjoyed themselves. The only downfall was when some fans had found out where they were and waited outside the front doors. They had to push through them just to get to their car. Once they had gotten inside, they zoomed off down the road. They had headed back home and rushed inside, as their hormones had been raging the whole car ride home.  And after their sexy time, they lay in each other’s arms till they fell asleep.

Now morning was abroad, sun peeking through the windows. Both still lying in bed fast asleep. Anna stirred in her sleep, opening her eyes to blinding light. Her eyes squinted from the light as her arms stretched above her head. She pushed herself from the bed and padded quietly to the bathroom. After using the toilet she walked quietly down the stairs to the kitchen. She put on a kettle of water and sat down as she waited. A buzzing noise sounded somewhere in the kitchen. Anna searched for the sound and finally found it. It was Zayn’s phone, with a few new texts. She decided to set it down and tell Zayn when he got up later. The kettle screamed as it was done boiling. Anna dropped a tea bag into a mug and poured in the hot water, along with 2 spoons of sugar. She stirred it slowly with the spoon as Zayn’s phone buzzed again. She looked over to see it was Harry calling; she pondered over answering it, but decided not to. Her curiosity grew as it buzzed with a voicemail. She picked up the phone it listened to the voicemail.

“Hey it’s Harry. I guess you’re still sleeping. Just call me back when you’re up so we can talk about the wedding plans or whatever it was. Try not to spill anything to Anna; you know she has a way with her words. Bye”

Anna ended the call and set the phone back down. Wedding plans, they were planning her wedding without her? Why would they do that? Maybe Zayn had something special planned for her that had something to do with the wedding. She brushed it off and sipped on her tea.

~

Once Zayn had finally gotten up, he informed Anna that they were going out to lunch with his parents, who had shown up as a surprise to Anna. They had driven all in the same car to the restaurant, that Zayn had reserved for a few months now.

“Anna I cannot tell you how excited I was when Zayn told me the news. He babbled to me like a teenage girl about how his whole plan and the ring”

“I can see him doing that” Anna laughed along with her.

“So Zayn, have you two discussed a date yet?”

“Uh, we haven’t gotten that far yet mum. But we will soon”

“I think Anna and I should go dress shopping, don’t you think so? And maybe we can call uh Danielle so she can go with us.”

“I would love that, I’ll call Danielle up and see if she can get us an appointment “

The lunch went great; they all talked and talked, enjoying each other’s company. Anna and Zayn bid their goodbyes then headed out the door to their car. They got in, buckled up and drove along the road.

“So, I was thinking maybe tomorrow we could an ‘us’ day. How does that sound?” Zayn asked, casually looking at Anna as he drove.

“I like that the sound of that” Anna smiled at him, slowly taking hold of his free hand.

The continued on their way home, finally pulling up in their driveway. They both got out and headed inside. 

"So what shall we do now?” Anna asked, sliding off her shoes.

“I’d rather do nothing but spend time with my beautiful fiancé.”

“How sweet Zayn. But besides that, what should we do?”

“I really don’t know”                

“Did you ever call Harry back?”

“What do you mean?”

“He called this morning and left a voicemail, plus you got a few texts”

“Oh I didn’t know. Thanks” Zayn pulled his phone out and left the rom.

Anna was left sitting in their living room, by herself. She inched closer to where Zayn went to see if she could hear.

“Yeah man sorry ‘bout that. Yeah, uh-huh, well my mum wants to take her and Danielle to go shopping for a dress so I suppose we could do it then. Alright, cool, ok, bye”

What could they possibly be planning?

 Thanks for reading. Stay fab only 3 chapters left ily :)