Chapter 12

November 6th

38 days till Anna’s death

It was 4 o’clock in the morning, and Anna found herself sitting on the couch watching old movies. She had cup of coffee in one hand and food in the other. She was curled up with her knees to her chest. She couldn’t quite explain but she couldn’t fall asleep last night, so she ended up pulling an all-nighter. She had consumed at least 4 caffeinated coffees over time. At the moment she was watching LiLo and Stich, since it was the first thing she found when looking for movies.

She took the last sip of her coffee and bent forward to place it on the coffee table. She then heard the sound of a toilet flush, assuming Zayn had gotten up to use the bathroom. She quickly paused the movie and jerked the blanket off her body. She quickly, but carefully, ran up to their bedroom and snuck inside. She crawled under the blankets and up to Zayn.

“Where were you?” Zayn asked groggily, barely keeping his eyes open.

“I was downstairs, watching a movie because I stayed up all night long.” Anna said, not even a blink of her eye or a yawn.

“You my lady, are quite something” He grinned, pulling her cold body against his.

“Why are you so warm?” Anna asked, feeling her own body warm up.

“Maybe it’s because I was in our bed sleeping, while you were downstairs doing who knows what” Zayn chuckled, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

“Now that you’re awake, I’ll go make us some breakfast” Anna kissed the bridge of his nose and scooted out of his grip.

Anna made her way downstairs, waiting for Zayn to follow. Then picked up speed when she heard him behind her. She got to the kitchen and began to pull out ingredients that one would need to make breakfast. She turned the stove on and greased the pan and let it heat up. Zayn came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. His head rested on his shoulder as he kissed behind her ear. She stirred the eggs around in the sizzling pan as Zayn whispered to her.

“So, we haven’t really talked about the uh, other night”

“I didn’t think we had to talk about it” Anna chuckled oddly.

“What came over you?”

Anna turned her head to look at Zayn with such a smirk on her face. Zayn caught on and blushed, chuckling at this.

“Besides that, but why such the sudden urge?” he cleared.

“I dunno. Just in the mood I guess”

Anna turned back around to finish the eggs, pushing them onto a plate when they were done. She cracked 2 more eggs and cooked them up for herself. Zayn had made himself some toast, and heated up water for Anna’s tea. Anna pushed the eggs onto a plate and sat down next to Zayn. They ate in silence, not a word spoken between each other. They finished and cleaned their dishes, Anna heading back to their bedroom.

Zayn curiously followed her to find out she was just going to shower. He quietly sat down on the bed while Anna hurried into the bathroom. She shut and locked the door and began to strip of her night clothes. She turned on the water and let the tub fill up with water. Then she added bath salts and soap to it. She decided this bath would be better shared, so she wrapped a towel around her body and opened the door.

“Zayn, will you join me?” she asked shyly.

“Uh, sure” Zayn answered, quickly getting up and scooting in.

She shut the door again and dropped her towel. Zayn was naked as she slipped into the tub. Zayn stepped in behind her, scooting her forward. He sat down and slipped his arms around her waist. She lay her head back onto his shoulder and took deep breaths.

“This is nice, like really niceee” Anna dragged out, feeling her body relax all over.

“Really good way to start off the morning” Zayn smirked, Anna could so easily tell.