Chapter 22

November 30th

14 days till Anna’s death

Zayn was quickly finishing up, hearing Anna’s footsteps padding down the stairs. He check to make sure everything was in place and was all set. He then stood in the kitchen doorway with his arms behind his back, his hands holding onto a small blue box.

“Good- whoa. What is all this?” Anna asked noticing Zayn’s set up.

“I made breakfast, well sort of. I called Harry over to help and made him disappear before you got down here”

“Awe Zayn. You’re so sweet” she crashed into him connecting their lips.

They pulled away and Zayn sat her down. He grabbed two dishes and brought them to their seats. After setting them down and he went back into the kitchen to give himself one last pep talk. He could do this, he could do this. Yeah there were probably more romantic ways to do it, but he wanted to be different. He paced in the kitchen, muttering words under his breath. He had planned what he was going to say, but now he couldn’t even remember the first line. He was so nervous, he could piss his pants. He turned the tap on and splashed some cold water on his face.

“Psstt, Zayn!” someone whispered from behind him.

He whipped around to see Harry poking his head around the corner.

“Harry! What are you doing here, I thought you left?” he whispered back, walking towards him.

“I did but I came back, just in time. Just remember, you love her and she loves you. Stop overthinking it, ok? Why wouldn’t she say yes to you? She loves you more than anything, possibly”

“Thanks, I needed that” Harry smiled and gave him a big hug, then turned around and left.

Zayn took a deep breath and walked back out, only to find Anna gone. He was confused, where could she have gone? He checked the rooms and found nothing, so he went to check upstairs. He could hear noises from their bedroom, so he walked straight there. Anna was scurrying around, looking for something he suspected.

“What’s a matter?” he asked, leaning against the door frame.

“Danielle called me. She said I have something of hers and she needed it right away. I just can’t remember where I put it now!” she snapped.

Zayn remained calm, and didn’t push it, knowing it could lead down a bad road he did not want to go down. He watched aimlessly as she searched through their room, for some item he had not been told of. She began to become frustrated and Zayn decided to step in. He stepped up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing your neck.

“Slow down tiger, could ‘cause something you don’t like” he whispered in her ear.

And it worked; her body became less tense as she eased into his arms, breathing slowly.

“Thank you for that” she sighed, looking up at his face.

“Now calmly look for what you need and I’ll help if you want”

“Okay” she breathed, pushing off his chest and going back to searching.

Zayn stood and watched her calmly look for whatever she needed. She also put things back where they were while still looking.

“Is this someone feminine product you’re looking for?”

“Yes”

“Why don’t you check underneath the bathroom sink..” Zayn suggested.

She nodded and went to check, and sure enough there it was. She ran to Zayn and squeezed him while kissing the life out of him.

“You’re the best, babe. Thank you” she smiled happily.

“Anytime” he smiled back, pecking her lips once more.

She padded out of the room and down the stairs. Zayn stood in the doorway, plan completely forgotten about, just smiling.

Thanks for reading ily :)