Chapter 16

November 9th

35 days till Anna’s death

Anna had woken up that morning, confused as to how she got in her bed. She then remembered falling asleep in Harry’s arms. Harry must have carried her to bed. She pushed herself off the mattress and went to find Harry or Louis. She pushed open their door quietly and found them both sound asleep. They were wrapped up in the blankets in each other’s arms.

She felt giddy at the sight of the two, butterflies swamping her stomach at the thought of them finally being together. She closed their door quietly and trudged her way downstairs. It was empty and quiet. Zayn still hasn’t returned yet. She wasn’t really expecting to wake up and find him here. He was absolutely pissed when he stormed off yesterday. She wasn’t expecting him to come back for at least 2 or 3 days. But it also bugged her that he wouldn’t even let her explain.

No she was not cheating on Zayn, she would never think of it. So what if Harry kissed her? Maybe she did kiss back, but they did have a sort of intimate conversation just before. Did Zayn really want her to push him away and scream at him for doing that? Anna loved Zayn too much too ever think of breaking his heart. In fact she hated to see him upset. She would always do her best to comfort him when he cried.

She remembered when he would lock himself in the bathroom on the tour bus, and she would sit outside the door until he came out or let her in. He even stayed in there for 5 hours, and Anna was outside the door the whole time. She even remembers when Zayn would be in his bunk, crying about what “fans” would tweet to him or say about him. He never took things easy; the hate towards him took a huge impact on him. They would sometimes just stay up all night and have these long conversations about anything.

Zayn would sometimes say even that he should just quit the band and go back home. He would say that he doesn’t deserve this, or he doesn’t deserve a girl like Anna. Anna always talked him out of it, told him how important he was to the boys, to the true fans. She would go on and on about how Zayn was absolutely perfect in her eyes, and that they were meant for each other. Zayn always thought that Anna always knew what to say. She was that kind of girl you could never ever get annoyed of, something Zayn loved about her. Zayn always wondered how Anna had chosen him. In his mind, he was not perfect.

He thought there was so much wrong about him. He only believed this because of what he read on his twitter. He began to believe what they fans said. He always thought that Anna could do better than him. She should love a real man, not some boy who got lucky on a show by singing. Anna took a seat on the couch and took a few deeps breaths. She needed to find Zayn and set things straight. She ran to her room and grabbed her cell phone. She quickly punched in Zayn’s number as she paced around the room waiting for Zayn to answer. It went to voicemail. She hung up and re-dialed his number. It went to voicemail again, this time she left a message.

“Zayn, please talk to me. Will you let me explain what happened, please? I love you, so freaking much; I would never cheat on you. Please call me back?” she whispered into the phone.

She dropped her phone onto the bed and decided she needed to clear her head. She walked into the bathroom, shutting and locking the door. She stripped herself of her clothes while turning the water on. She stepped inside the shower and let the warm water run over her skin. She had her eyes closed as she stood there, soaking up the water. She lathered the soap in here hair, her eyes still closed. She washed that out and scrubbed her body clean.

She finished up after with shaving and stepped out of the shower. She stood there with the towel wrapped around her and her head as she stared at herself in the mirror. She was expecting Zayn to somehow unlock the door and walk in. Come up behind her and hug her small waist and kiss her. But that wasn’t going to happen anytime soon. She pulled out some clothes and threw them on, grabbing her phone to stick into her pocket. Once she was fully dressed(http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=81916264 ) ,she left her room and went to the other boys room. Louis was just getting out of bed when she walked in.

“Hey, Louis. Think I can borrow your car?”

“Sure, keys are on top of my bag over there” he said sleepily pointing to his bag.

She quickly grabbed the keys and gave Louis a kiss on the forehead and one on Harry’s forehead as well. She rushed down the stairs and out the front door. Jumping into Louis’ car she took off down the road and looked for the nearest motel, which proved to be somewhat difficult. She kept driving around until she finally found one and pulled up to it. She rushed inside and demanded to know if Zayn was staying here.

“I’m sorry miss. I can’t give that kind of information out”

“You don’t understand, he’s my boyfriend. What do you not understand?”

“You could be lying and be some crazy fan for all I know”

“But I’m not. Please I just need to know if he checked in here last night. That’s all I want to know. I don’t want to know what room he’s in”

“Well when you put it that way…he did check in here last night.”

A sigh of relief rushed through her body and the corner of her lips tugged upwards.

“But he checked out about an hour and a half ago”

Her smiled diminished and a frown was replaced. Where could he have gone? Did he head to his hometown? Was he going to see Niall or Liam?

“Oh, well thank you” and with that she turned around and headed back to the car. She got in and just sat there. Where else could he have gone? What if he just went to drive around and headed back to their house. Maybe he was home? She started the car up and shot out of the parking lot. She drove the speed limit all the way to the house. But upon arrival she found a car in the driveway, that being Liam’s car. Her eyebrows creased as she shut the car off and got out. She stepped inside hearing muffled voices from the kitchen. Liam, Harry, Louis and even Niall were all in the kitchen, talking quietly. Once they noticed Anna standing there, they instantly engulfed her in a hug.

“What’s going on guys?” she asked.

“It’s Zayn…”

“He got into an accident and is in the hospital”

Anna couldn’t have fallen to the floor faster at Liam’s words.

What's a story without hospital scenes. Thanks for reading :)