Chapter 19

Short chapter only 797 words.

November 24th

20 days till Anna’s death

Anna was still in the hospital, due to the fact that she was still recovering from her earlier incident. Anna had not yet admitted that she was awake when Liam gave his “speech” to her. She wanted to burst out in tears at his words, but of course she didn’t. Zayn had been sleeping like a baby, and was almost fully rested. Anna couldn’t stand him cuddling the pillow and kissing it in his sleep, so she let him sleep in the bed with her. She didn’t mind, she genuinely enjoyed his arms wrapped around her securely and him squeezing his arms around her in his sleep. She found it very adorable. Liam had been relieved from watching Anna and was replaced by Harry and Louis. She had now been talking non-stop with them for 2 hours straight. No interruptions. 

“Harry, what if you did have boobs? What would you do with them?”

“Uh fondle them and jump up and down?” he answered uncertainly, laughing at his own answer.

“Well I think I wouldn’t notice at first. But then I would stare at myself naked in front of the mirror”

“Weirdo”

“Hey he likes it that way, what can I say” Louis grinned with a smug look.

“Ughck, I did not need to know that. Keep your bedroom activities to yourselves, please?” Anna fake gagged, grabbing a nearby pillow to chuck at them.

They continued on with the weird questions for another hour, laughing and being weirded out by some answers. Zayn had waked up when they got to loud and a pillow was thrown at him.

“Oh, I’m sorry babe. That was Louis’s fault. He has no aim” Anna apologized, throwing the pillow back at Louis’s head.

Zayn waved it off, cuddling into his girlfriend’s body. His head was resting on her stomach with his eyes closed. Anna looked down at him and stroked his hair back from his face.

“When can I go home?” Anna asked suddenly, the room going silent suddenly.

“We don’t know. Maybe tomorrow, we’ll ask for you” Louis answered unsurely.

She nodded and laid her head on the pillow. She was tired and wanted to go home, now. Not tomorrow, right now. Zayn took notice of her mood change and pressed a kiss on her cheek, earning a small smile.  He pushed himself off the mattress and stepped out of the room to find a doctor. Louis and Harry were quietly standing against the wall as they waited upon Zayn’s return.

“Is something wrong?” Anna asked, feeling left out and confused.

“Everything’s fine. Why'd you ask?”

“Just curious…” she trailed off.

Zayn quickly returned to the room, a doctor following close behind him. He gave new that Anna would be able to leave tomorrow afternoon. Although Anna didn’t want to stay one more day she accepted it. She covered herself in a blanket and got comfy in the small bed. She said her goodnights to the boys, Zayn kissing her before she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

“How you doing Zayn? You holding up?”

“I-honestly I don’t even know. My emotions are so mixed up I don’t know how I feel. I don’t know how to act around her, I feel like whatever I do will end in a screaming match or something” Zayn breathed, rubbing his still tired eyes.

“I think you need a day off. A day away from Anna, you two are always together. Why not spend some time apart?”

“Last time that happened 2 girls were injured and one was killed. Remember that Louis?”

Louis flinched at his words, remembering the moment when they had received the news of what had happened.

“Ok, but this time, we aren’t on a vacation thing. We’re home. It’s different”

“Sure it is” he mumbled.

“How about after Anna’s out of the hospital and is feeling better. We have Danielle come up and we can see if we can get some people to watch the house. How about that? Maybe she can invite some friends she hasn’t seen in a while over?”

“Ok, well-we can ask her when she wakes up. Ok?”

“Fine by me” Louis smiled, walking to Zayn and giving him a squeeze, which resulted into a threesome hug.

Louis then demanded that Harry take Zayn home, and then the two of them sleep there while he stayed with Anna. Of course Zayn protested, but tired and weariness soon began to take over. He agreed with a big yawn and gently kissed Anna’s forehead before leaving the room. Louis retrieved a blanket and pillow from a nurse and got comfy in a chair provided in the room.

Hopefully tomorrow this “apart time” wouldn’t be a repeat of last time.

Thank you for reading! I love you all :)