Chapter 25

December 8th

6 days till Anna’s death

Over the past few days, Anna has been growing more and more curious as to what Zayn and Harry were up to. Zayn had been constantly coming home late or leaving very early, or being gone all day. She was starting to feel left out and abandoned, but Danielle saved her for her boredom. Anna had just showered and gotten dressed by the time Danielle strolled into her room. She was surprised at first but then hugged her tightly. She hadn’t seen anybody lately, let alone heard from anyone since the 3rd. She knew she shouldn’t worry but of course she did.

“I have been so lonely this past week. You don’t even know” Anna sighed pulling back from the hug.

“Where has Zayn been?” Danielle asked linking her hand with Anna’s.

“I don’t even know. Sometimes he’s gone all day, never comes home, or leaves very early in the morning. To add to that, I’ve been told nothing. It’s like their planning my wedding without me. I mean, aren’t supposed to decide on our wedding together. Not enlist the help of Harry or whoever else”

“Harry? Serious?” Danielle was astounded upon hearing this.

“Yeah, a couple days ago, Harry called him and left him a voicemail. So I listened to it and he wanted to meet up and talk about stuff. And then he said “try not to spill anything to Anna; you know she had a way with words” then hung up.” Anna sighed as she led the way down the stairs and to the kitchen.

“Wow, that’s quite weird.”

“Do you know anything that’s going on?”

“Well, not really. Liam told me to come over today and keep you company and because he was going to be busy all day...”

“What the hell? Why does Zayn think its ok to plan our wedding without me but with them?!” Anna groaned as she reached for a bowl and the cereal box.

“Did you eat yet? Want me to make you breakfast or something?”

“I already ate, but thanks”

Anna nodded and poured the cereal onto the bowl. She then gathered a spoon and plopped the box back into the cupboard. She then filled the bowl with the right amount of milk and brought it into the living room. Danielle followed behind and they both sat on the couch.

“I still can’t believe he’s doing this behind my back” Anna grumbled once more, shoving a spoonful of cereal into her mouth.

“When I get home, I’ll see if I can get anything out of Liam”

“Thanks babe” Anna grinned through her full mouth.

“Welcome, now chew with your mouth closed please”

~

It was now the afternoon and Anna had still not heard from Zayn. But that was normal; he never called any other days, so why would he call today. Anna and Danielle had decided together that they should spruce up the house. And that’s what they spent and are still doing. They started with the living room; cleaning curtains, washing the floor, vacuuming the carpets or rugs and seating. They picked it up as well and sprayed some nice air freshener. Once they had finished that up, they moved onto the front door area. They washed the door and scrubbed away the dirt on the door and floor. They placed down a new mat to clean your feet off with and finished it off by lining up the shoes that have been there forever.

They were now in the kitchen. So far they had cleaned all the counters, washed all the dishes and put them away. The next thing they did was go through the pantry and get rid of what had expired. They then had organized it and cleaned it up. They then moved onto organizing the cupboards and cleaned the shelves. They were now working on washing the floor and leaving it nice and shiny.

“If we don’t open a window soon, I am going to pass out” Anna said, eyes closed, hand on her forehead.

“I got it, I’ll get a fan as well” Danielle stood to her feet, propping open a few windows and searching for a fan. Once plugged in, she set it on high and let it oscillate.

“Much better. You know, I have to say we make a great team”

“We do, we could probably clean the whole house today”

“Yeah, but these areas are important the other aren’t.”

Danielle cocked and eyebrow and smirked at Anna, “so the bedroom isn’t important then?”

Catching on to what she was saying Anna blushed and turned to her, “no important enough to go clean and make it look nice when it isn’t going to last”

“It won’t last because you two are so wild-“

“No because Zayn and I are messy people and we don’t keep our room clean” Anna was so flustered she could feel heat radiating off of her body.

Danielle just chuckled and went back to working on her area of the floor. Anna finished up her area rather quickly and went to the living to sit down and take a break. Danielle joined her 10 minutes later, collapsing beside her and breathing out.

“Wow, it looks so nice now”

“It does. Maybe Zayn will notice and appreciate it”

“Hopefully. Ooo I better check my phone. I forgot to take it off silent” Danielle searched for her phone in her bag and finally fished it out.

“One moment please” she stood up pressing the phone to her ear and walking away.

Anna guessed it was probably from Liam, at least he calls her. Unlike her own boyfriend fiancé who can’t be bothered to even shoot her a text. She sighed loudly and pushed herself deeper into the couch. Danielle plopped back down next to her, phone back in her bag now.

“Liam and the boys are on their way over here. And he left me the voicemail 10 minutes ago, so I’m guessing they’ll be here soon”

“Cool”

They both shut up at hearing the sound of a door opening. Anna peered around and saw Liam and Louis walking in. She grabbed Danielle and walked over to the door.

“Hi guys” Anna spoke up, getting their attention.

“Hi Anna” Louis replied, hugging her sweetly and kissing her cheek.

Liam smiled, hugged her and moved onto Danielle. Harry and Niall walked in next. Niall, noticing her first, gave her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. She got a short but sweet hug and kiss from Harry. Then Zayn was the last to walk in. She crossed her arms over her chest and frowned at him.

“Hi babe” he grinned, kicking the door closed.

“Don’t’ ‘Hi babe’ me. You and I have a lot of talking to do, you hear me?”

“Yes ma’am” he side hugged her, grasping her hand, Anna letting him.

He brought her into the living, where everyone else had gone and took a seat in the recliner. He pulled Anna onto his lap, her back to his front, and kissed her on the cheek.

“I promise to tell you everything later on, and when they all leave” Zayn whispered into Anna’s ear, sending her into overdrive.

“You better if you want to be sleeping in this house tonight.

Thanks for reading only 2 chapters left! ily :)