II: Lila Masters, MS

My class let out earlier than usual so I rushed home and changed into the dark purple scrubs my mom had left for me as promised. Mom had also let me know that I needed to bring proof that I'd completed and passed the CNA course over the summer so once I had found the proper papers I took off for the city. We were settled in a small town about an hour away from the city so it was a bit of a drive for my mom everyday but she never complained about it.

When I got to Guardian Medical Center I couldn't help but stare up at the massive hospital. It was rated the best hospital with best staff in the United States, not mention it was one of the most expensive hospitals to build in the country. With a shake of my head I went inside, not having even the slightest clue where Dr. Masters' offices were. I went up to the front desk and waited silently, as the woman was on the phone.

"What can I do for you," she asked with a quirky smile after she hung up.

"Oh, right um, I just need to know which floor Lila Masters' offices are on," I said with a half smile.

"8th floor. I didn't know she was hiring em so young now," the blonde joked with a soft chuckle.

"It'll just be part time, I'm still in school," I replied.

"What was your name?"

"Logan Gordon."

"Well Logan I'm Mary Watson. You ever need anything you just come to me, Dr. Masters can be a little hard to work for..."

"Oh I know, my mom is one of her nurses," I said with a huff.

"Take care now, Logan."

"Thanks," I said as I turned and took off for the elevators.

Just as I came around the corner I slammed into someone and fell back. But my rear end never hit the floor, whoever I had smacked into had grabbed me by the wrist before I could fall. I looked up to apologize only to start fumbling over my words. Dr. Lila Masters was looking at me as if studying me, her grip on my wrist not loosening.

"I take it you're new around here," she said with a raised eyebrow.

I couldn't find my words... why couldn't I just talk for God's sake?! She was my boss now, that was gonna prove to be an issue if I couldn't even speak to her. I just settled for a nod, feeling my cheeks go a little red as she pulled me a little closer to her. It was hard to keep my eyes on her face in all honesty, as she clearly knew how good her body looked and was not afraid to flaunt that a little bit.

"I'm up here."

Now I know my face turned red, as my gaze snapped back up to hers, caught red handed. The brunette pulled me even closer now, our faces just inches apart. I didn't know how she wasn't hearing my heart hammer out of my chest. She just had this sexy smirk...

"You might wanna watch where you're going around here, wouldn't want you getting hurt now would we."

With that the surgeon let go of me and strode off, her lab coat billowing out a little bit with her confident stride. I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding, my face still as red as a damn cherry. I watched her walk down the hall until I couldn't see her anymore. Lila Masters was even prettier in person, the picture in that article hadn't done her justice. Not that I cared though! Right...? I shook my head hard before hurrying to the elevator and going up to the 8th floor. When I got there my Mom was at a desk looking something over and laughing at something another nurse said.

"Hey, Mom," I said walking up to her with a smile.

"Oh good you got here alright," she said hugging me before turning to the nurse sitting down at the desk and a nurse standing beside her. "Ladies this is my daughter, Logan."