XVII: The Heart of a Champion

It had been a month since I had given Logan her iPhone; nothing much had changed. I'd see her at work for a few minutes a week and she'd come over two or three nights a week. She was only working one day a week currently since they were preparing for state. I didn't think it was possible but she was in even better shape than the first time we'd slept together. Her muscles were more defined, and she even carried herself with more confidence.  The girl was clearly working hard to be ready for what would be the biggest moment of her high school career.

I smiled to myself as I mused, sitting at my desk in my office. The file sitting open in front of me was going untouched because I was so lost in my thoughts. My mother had been breathing down my neck constantly, but I just tried to avoid her as much as possible. Being that she was my boss though made the task a difficult one. I️ sighed as I stood up, realizing it was time to get my ass in gear for the rest of the day. I️ had way to much to get done to be sitting in my office avoiding people.

Stopping by the nurses' station I️ grabbed the list that Martha usually had typed up every morning of how many appointments I️ had each day. Today I️ mostly just had checkups, with two consultations mixed in; a pretty slow day by my standards. Just as I️ was about to move to my first exam for the morning I️ realized I️ had forgotten my phone when I'd left the parking garage. Sighing as I️ went I️ took the elevator down and strode just as self importantly as usual through the lobby.

"Morning Dr. Masters," Mary said from her desk.

"Good morning, Mary," I️ said pleasantly.

The questioning look she gave me made me smile to myself; I️ wasn't usually this nice to people around here. My demeanor and attitude was definitely changing and I️ had a certain brunette to thank for that, though I️ didn't want to admit it at first. Just as I️ reached my means of getting to work, the all too familiar purr of my Audi reached my ears. I️ looked up in time to see Logan pull around the corner and park in an empty stall. Conveniently she parked next to the spot I️ had parked in that morning. I️ bit my lip and leaned up against my black sports bike as she climbed from the driver's seat of the car. Her eyes lit up as soon as she saw me.

"Hi," Logan said sweetly, shutting the door and leaning against the car.

"Hi," I️ returned with a smile.

"Wait is that... you have a motorcycle?!"

I️ couldn't help but laugh, the stunned expression she wore was just too precious. Taking a tentative step towards her I️ wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her against me.

"Well I️ told you I️ had other ways to get around did I️ not?"

"I️ swear to god that just made you about a hundred times hotter..."

"Don't get too turned on now, we still have to work," I️ purred in her ear, dragging my lips along her jaw line.

"Well you're making that damn near impossible," she groaned in frustration, giving me a gentle shove backwards.

Grinning ear to ear, I️ turned away to grab my phone before motioning for her to follow me inside. Logan stayed close enough to remind me of her ever lingering presence, but not close enough to arouse suspicion.

"State is this Saturday," she spoke up, sounding a bit nervous as she did.

Glancing over my shoulder at her, I️ raised an eyebrow.

"Where?"

"Surprisingly, we get to go to Vegas. The state athletics commission is making it a pretty big deal this year."