XXIX: Finally Home

Lila

I woke to light snow fall outside my penthouse window, giving a calm quiet to the outside world. While inside my head was a raging storm of negative thoughts and emotions. My phone was still perched on my chest from where it had fallen the night before. When I had dozed off Logan had been texting me most of the night, saying she was sorry and asking how I had been. The best thing she told me though, was that she was being released from the hospital. She had practically been begging me to come see her but I had to tell her I couldn't.

I really should have been telling her the why behind it all but I knew she would freak out on Martha. And that would only make it obvious that she was still talking to me. I got up and moved into the kitchen pouring a cup of coffee and glancing around the empty apartment. Not having Logan here was truly making the damn place look and feel like a crypt. With a sigh, my mug reached my lips and I sipped at the coffee glancing at my silent phone every so often. Then as if a load of trucks hit me an idea came to mind, an idea that I might end up regretting. But I needed to let off some steam and it would be the best way. Throwing on my leather jacket and pulling up my hair, I grabbed the keys to my Audi and hurried out the door. Once behind the wheel I floored the car out of the parking garage and across the city in a very short amount of time.

The onramp to the freeway came into view, getting my heart rate up a little. I knew just where to go to blow of some steam and have some fun in the process. About an hour later I pulled the Audi into the parking lot of an old gas station. There were several cars parked, some newer sports cars and some older but modified cars. One of the men was leaning up against super up Subaru WRX, smoking what I knew damn well wasn't a cigarette. This place was far enough into the desert that the snow had almost all melted. The man smoking the joint pushed off his car and walked to meet me as I climbed form the driver's seat of the Audi.

"Well I'll be damned. Lila-freakin-Masters," the man said with a grin, his balding head reflecting what little sun was peeking through the clouds.

My big friend wrapped me in a bear hug and lifted me from the ground. I couldn't help but laugh at his own guttural laugh.

"What in the hell are you doing in my neck of the woods, Miss famous heart surgeon," he asked, folding his arms and looking me up down, his joint hanging from his lips still.

"Well I was hoping you could help me blow of some steam, Tobias" I said with a smirk and a shrug of my shoulders.

Tobias looked at me questioningly, as if he didn't quite get what I was saying. He scratched his chin, letting out a puff of smoke from his joint. To get my point across I took what was left of his weed and took a long, deep drag on it, blowing it in his face. Everyone around us went silent and just waited for their ring leader to sock me right in the face. But the two of us just laughed and laughed until our guts hurt.

"Well I thought you were passed the partying life, Lila," he said with a snort, trying to get the words in between laughs.

"I don't think that's something you ever grow out of my friend" I chuckled, patting him on the shoulder.

"Well then give me more details, what exactly were you wanting to do to blow off some steam? I don't suppose you'd finally give me that quickie I've been begging for all this time."

"Trust me, you don't have the equipment," I smirked, rolling my eyes as I punched his arm now.

He let out a bellowing laugh and turned to his friends, "I knew you'd say that. But it doesn't hurt to ask!"

"In your dreams, Tobias!"

"Well?"

He had turned back to me again, an eyebrow raised in waiting for my response. Folding my arms I let a determined expression rest on my face now, the smirk never faltering.