X: Collision Course

As soon as I got to the restaurant I was regretting my decision to go on another date with Trevor. I mean I didn't know if I really even wanted to be with him, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to at least give him a chance. I didn't know what the hell I had with Lila; but if I was being honest with myself this was probably nothing more than a game to her. His boyish grin made me smile softly as he met me at the front door, offering his arm like a true gentleman. We got our table, ordered our food and drinks and talked like old friends. To a point it was almost... dull compared to my shenanigans the past few days.

"Hey, I'm gonna run to the bathroom before our food gets here," I said, getting to my feet gracefully but not waiting for his response.

When I got to the ladies room I just stared at my reflection for a moment, wondering why in the hell I had even bothered getting relatively dressed up. Was it because I was hoping against all hope to run into her here again? Just as that thought crossed my mind, the bathroom door opened and Taylee Evers' gaze met mine when she looked up from her phone. A half-hearted smile was all she got before I broke the eye contact; I knew that if she was here it meant Lila Masters was here as well.

"It's Logan right," Dr. Evers asked, coming to stand beside me.

"Yeah," I mumbled in response, my fingernail picking absentmindedly at the counter top.

"I've heard quite a bit about you. Lila just can't seem to shut up when you're the topic of discussion."

I full on looked at her now, not just through our reflections in the mirror, meeting her knowing smirk with wide eyes. Why did she have to bring up the heart surgeon? I didn't want to think about her.

"Oh," was all I could manage.

"Have a good night, Logan. Don't have too much fun."

I just stared into the sink now as Taylee walked into one of the stalls, then I hurriedly left the bathroom. I got back to Trevor's table just before the food did, trying to look as calm as possible and fighting the urge to look around at the other tables in search of that familiar mane of dark hair.

"Man, I was beginning to worry you fell in," he teased as he sipped at his glass of Dr. Pepper.

"Psh, if I had would you have come to my rescue," I tried to tease back.

"Maybe, if you asked nicely enough."

We laughed together for a minute before enjoying our meals and talking about anything and everything. The hair on my neck stood up, giving me the eerie feeling of being watched. I dared to glance around and sure enough, I was met with the captivating stare of Lila Masters. The questioning gleam in her eye was all to obvious but I just returned her stare with a frown before looking away. Before looking away though it hadn't escaped my attention that Dr. Lilith Lane was seated at the table along with Taylee and Lila.

"Hey, Trevor do you like to dance," I asked with a smirk.

"Uh, I'm not very good at it but sure."

"Oh come on, a star QB, you've gotta be at least halfway decent on your feet."

"Well I suppose I - woah!"

I grabbed a hold of his wrist and dragged him towards the entrance to the club. I nodded at Tracy's brother who, lucky enough for me, was manning the front door that night. Once we reached the upstairs the thumping music and moving bodies got my adrenaline going. Flo Rida's Zillionaire was pulsing from the speakers, getting the crowd hyped up as soon as the chorus dropped.

"Wow, I've never been in here before," Trevor had to practically yell to make his voice heard over the music.

"I've been here a lot, it's fun! As long as you know how to party."