VI: Playing Games

"So are you guys gonna make the playoffs this year," Trevor asked before taking a generous bite of his steak.

"If we keep going the way we are yeah," I replied half heartedly, glancing at the entrance to the club for the tenth time since I saw her.

"Have you been in that club before?"

"What?"

I stared at him with a raised eyebrow, my cheeks going a little red for being caught staring.

"You've just been staring at the entrance for awhile, so either you haven't been there and want to or you're bored," he said with a quirky smile.

I frowned, immediately feeling bad. He was just trying to make sure I was having a good time and I was brushing him off. I took a sip of my water before leaning back in my chair with folded arms.

"I'm sorry, Trevor, I'm really enjoying this I'm just... distracted. It's been kind of a long week," I sighed.

"It's okay, Logan, I understand," he said with a laugh.

Now I just watched him, confused. His demeanor had changed drastically.

"Sorry, I've just been so worried that I was doing something wrong this whole time. It's just reassuring."

The dorky grin he wore made me smile and let out a lighthearted laugh of my own. I felt my phone buzz from the small handbag I had brought along. For a minute I considered even bothering to look at it and just continued my conversation with Trevor. But when I felt it go off again I refrained from groaning and excused myself to answer it. I quickly walked out the front door and answered the phone the third time it started ringing.

"Yes Tracy," I asked, trying my damnedest to not sound upset.

"So I had a thought," she said, with the slightest slur to her words.

"What's that?"

"I really think the doctor lady wants in your pants! I say-"

My friend let out a squeal and the thud that followed was loud enough I had to pull the phone away from ear.

"Sorry I dropped you," she giggled.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes in exasperation. My best friend had made it a habit to sneak into her parents liquor cabinet when they weren't home.

"Anyways! Why not do it? Could be the best fuck of your life! I bet she's amazing with her hands!"

My face was obviously starting to turn red as I pinched the bridge of my nose with a grimace. In all honesty I didn't doubt what Tracy said, I would bet money on the assumption that Lila Masters was talented with her hands. I took a breath to respond to my buzzed friend but the sound of receding heels on the concrete made me stop. Turning and looking over my shoulder, I was met with the sight of Dr. Master's exposed back, her black dress hugging her curves as perfectly as the red one had.

"Trace, I'll call you back."

I hung up, not giving Tracy the chance to argue with me.

"What, I don't even get a goodbye," I called after her, knowing there was no way she hadn't seen me.

"I believe I said I would see you Monday," the surgeon said, not stopping or slowing in the slightest.