XVI: If the Doctor is Cute Forget the Fruit

The next day I was sitting out front of my school, eating lunch and texting Lila here and there. Her messages were delayed seeing as it was another day of surgeries for her. I was absentmindedly munching on a cracker and staring at my text book, while waiting for a response. Lost in focus I didn't see Tracy making her way over to me with something in her hand. My best friend dropped the something on my text book and plopped down on the ground next to me. I glanced at her with a raised eyebrow.

"An apple?"

The blonde just shrugged and laughed before laying her head on my shoulder.

"What's wrong," I asked shoving my textbook aside and taking a bite of the red apple.

"Just tired. Chemistry is kicking my ass," she groaned falling backwards into the grass.

"Yeah that's why I got that class out of the way early."

I felt my iPod give a sporadic buzz and hastily reached to read the text.

"I'm gonna take one guess - Dr. Masters?"

Your mother has been gushing all day that you found a boyfriend with wealthy parents..... Miss Gordon are you seeing someone?! 😏😏

It took me a moment to really process her text - so my mom obviously noticed the car but... didn't care? I bit my lip while slowly typing out a response.

I would have to say that question answers itself... 😇😇

"So when I drove past your house this morning I noticed a very striking car parked out front... I didn't know the good doctor had such a great taste in vehicles," Tracy said, feigning disinterest as she picked at her nail.

"Oh hush," I grumbled while rolling my eyes, all the while trying my best to suppress my smile.

"So have you guys banged in the backseat yet?"

"Tracy!"

Gently smacking her on the forehead was my way of trying to avoid her noticing the blush creeping onto my cheeks. I mean she wasn't far off... My best friend's blonde locks bounced about as she sat up giggling. We laughed like this for a few minutes, getting lost in jokes about car sex. Fate has a cruel sense of humor unfortunately; some of the upperclassmen on the cheer squad came tromping over to Tracy and I, each of them looking like vultures closing in on prey.

"So Logan, we noticed the new whip. What's the deal with that," Adrianna, the redhead leading the charge, asked stopping with a hand on her hip.

Tracy and I glanced at each other momentarily, both of us wary about where this was going to go. We weren't loners, we were fairly popular I suppose, but the cheer squad rarely ever spoke to either of us. At least not the upperclassmen...

"Um, it's a friend's. Mine broke down so they're letting me borrow it until mine gets fixed," I said, leaning back on my hands slightly.

"Oh come on, Gordon! Give us the inside scoop! Nobody here drives a car like that," Adrianna said, sitting down next to me with a smirk.

"Uh Logan..."

My friend cut me off before I had the chance to answer, pointing towards the front drive way of the school. My mouth dropped in surprise; Trevor was striding towards us, wearing a button up and a suit jacket with dark designer jeans. What really caught my attention was the bouquet of daisies and daffodils.

"I'm not interrupting am I," he asked with a charming smile as he finally reached us.

Adrianna's jaw was practically dragging the ground as she stared up at him. Tracy and I on the other hand were both fidgeting uncomfortably. The quarterback knelt down to my eye level, smiling about as wide as the Cheshire Cat.