IX: When the Boss Comes Knocking

I started awake, sitting up so fast I nearly fell off the couch. I ran a hand through my hair, noticing that there was a blanket draped over me. My brow furrowed in confusion but then it clicked; Lila must have come home. I grabbed my phone to discern the time: 9:30am. I got up, stretching as I went, and walked over to the island counter. There was a note resting in the center of the counter, the white paper sticking out like a sore thumb against the black granite.

I hope you don't feel as sore as you did last night. I'll see you at work - Lila

My shoulders drooped in a sort of disappointment, I had really been hoping she would be here. Then I was slapped in the face with a sudden realization.

"Shit! I'm gonna be late for work!"

I scrambled for my phone after pulling my shirt back on and frantically dialed Dr. Master's number. I didn't have any scrubs with me and my shift started at 10:30. I was going to be a whole hour late for work at this point.

"Did you have pleasant dreams," she answered, her tone making me roll my eyes, knowing that she was smirking.

"I'm going to be late. I didn't bring any scrubs with me," I admitted, feeling like I had let her down in some way.

"Just go get some out of my closet. I'd say we're about the same size, you should fit into a pair of my scrubs just fine."

There she goes making me blush again...

"I... are you sure?"

"Why wouldn't I be? Just don't be a creep and go through my underwear drawer," she said with a chuckle.

"Ew, why would I do that," I asked, unable to keep my own laugh down.

"Well you never know, some people get off to some weird shit. I did leave you in a pretty hopeless state last night."

I had had a witty response in mind to that but it left my mind after that last comment.

"I hope you plan on finishing what you started at some point," I replied, not entirely wanting her to hear it.

"Oh believe me, Logan. I always finish what I start."

I smirked, treading into her bedroom and gawking at the sheer size. The queen platform bed had a black finish with a headboard. The comforter was a darker shade of grey and when I ran a hand across it it had to have been the softest thing I had ever felt, aside from the surgeon's silk skin.

"Jesus... your bedroom is bigger than my damn living room," I muttered.

"Comes with the profession I suppose."

I rolled my eyes again and turned my attention to her walk in closet. I started noticing a pattern with her furniture and how she chose to decorate her apartment.

"Are you a closet goth or something? Almost everything is either black or a dark shade of grey," I asked, sifting through the scrubs hanging towards the front of the closet.

"Closet go- of course not, black represents power."

"So... you like to be in charge then?"

"I would have thought that was obvious by now."

There it was, that hungry tone that made me want to melt. I wanted to get her all hot and bothered like she had gotten me last night. I wanted some payback if you will, but just as I was about to start turning the conversation down a more dangerous path, she cut it short.

"Come see me when you get here, I have some paper work to get done before the day really gets started."

Click.