43

"Taehyung is dead" he mumbles and everything goes silent except for the muffled sound of the boy's sobs.
It felt like something hit Baekhyun in the stomach all of a sudden, it felt like something had stabbed him and torn him apart.
Everything slowed down, time stopped and each second felt like an hour.
It didn't feel real, Baekhyun had to pinch himself as he felt like it wasn't real like he was playing a joke or a prank and Taehyung will run out with a bright smile and hug him tightly. But it wasn't and Baekhyun was lying to himself.

"H-he can't be-" Baekhyun shakes his head as he feels his vision blurring and a familiar sting in his eyes. His bottom lip shook, leaving Baekhyun to have to bite it to stop it from wobbling, "he seemed so okay yesterday"

"He always always seemed okay" the boy shakes his head. A lone tear fell down Baekhyun's cheek as he came to realise his friend really was dead.

"I'm sorry but who are you?" Baekhyun asks trying to stop himself from crying but making his voice unstable and wobbly.

"I'm Jungkook" he answers, turning to face Baekhyun. A smile meets Baekhyun's face as he realises who the boy really is. But suddenly something overcame Baekhyun and he started crying uncontrollably.

"He talked about you all the time" Baekhyun cries, wiping away his tears with the end of his hospital gown as he slumped to the floor, "GOD damn it he loved you so much. I'm so sorry"
It only made the two worse, both of them crying next to each other in an empty hospital ward.

"How long have you been here?" Baekhyun asks after what seems like hours of crying which only turned out to be seconds.

"All night. He passed in the early hours and I was his only contact-" Jungkook began.

"If you don't mind me asking how?" Baekhyun asks.

"No it's okay" the taller boy shakes his head, "he hadn't eaten anything in weeks. I blame this fucking hospital, he would still be here if they forced him to eat just a little bit but the thing is they don't care. They would tell him to eat but not give him any motivation. They never forced anything or put any effort even though they knew he was on the verge of death. God damn it he got so skinny it worried me everyday and I kept begging the doctors to do something but they said 'he'll do it by himself'. Well look where we are now; he never did it himself instead he died. He's fucking dead"

"I'm so sorry" Baekhyun whispers as he dries his tears.

--

It had been a week and Baekhyun couldn't get Taehyung out of his mind. No one could cheer him up, Chanyeol had tried but Baekhyun couldn't help but cry. Even Jongdae had visited but Baekhyun couldn't be phased. This week has felt like years, everything so slow and a sluggish. It feels like Taehyung was never here, no one speaks of him in the hospital. It's like he was never there and never left.
A new patient had moved into his ward, completely eliminating every trace of him in the hospital.

"Byun Baekhyun?" A doctor walks in which stops his trace of thought from going any further.

"Yes" Baekhyun groans.

"You've got mail" he smiles as he puts an envelope by the side of his bed.
The doctor leaves after checking up on him which didn't take long.

Baekhyun reaches out for the letter and tears it open and out fell a photo onto his chest unexpectedly. He took it in his fragile fingers and turned it over. He didn't know what to feel, happiness or sadness?

(K but I was on an exo playlist expecting some good exo songs and some weird ass French SHITTY cover of Peter Pan came on wtf)

Attached was a letter, only a small one but Baekhyun opened it all the same.

Attached it read:

To Baekhyun,

You're probably reading this feeling sad right? I don't know when you'll get this or if you'll ever get this but I wanted to let you know that you shouldn't grieve over me, after all I'm happier where I am now ( ^ω^ ).

No this isn't me back from the dead haha don't freak out, I wrote this before I died because I know it'll be soon. I asked jk to deliver this to you btwwwwww.

Anyway, I hope you're good and I hope you get discharged soon because all I want is your happiness :)
I'm sorry I've probably left you with a lot of questions and a lot of sorrow, I'm very regretful I couldn't spend more time with you and we couldn't further our relationship.
But I just wanted you to know you made me so happy whilst I was crying every night and denying myself of food. You made me feel better and that's all I needed here really. You brought sunshine where I thought there would be none so thank you, thank you so much ♡♡♡

I won't have a funeral as there's not enough people to attend (haha only Jungkook would turn up) so Please don't grieve over me, but smile because I'm happy now :)
I love you Baekhyun hyung.

Please never forget me okay?

-Kim Taehyung ♡♡♡♡

And attached with a paper clip was another photo

(I found so many cute lq photos of TAE though help?)

Baekhyun felt a tear run down his face as he puts the things he had just received down on his bedside table. He lets out a sigh as he peers at the photo of Taehyung looking healthy and happy as he should've always been as he was alive.
All Baekhyun could do was stare at his ceiling thinking. He wouldn't grieve or cry anymore as he wanted to live up to Taehyung's wish. That's the least he could do for his passed friend.

"I'll never forget you Taehyung" Baekhyun whispers.

--

Im sorry btw
Why did I have to kill off the nicest character wtf @ me