Chapter 46: Dozing

Chapter 46: Dozing 

We stayed up late that night as Dawn continued to ask me more questions about my childhood, about what traveling through the other regions was like, and about the Pokemon I've raised and still wanted to acquire. 

"Are you going to Unova sometime?" Dawn questioned. 

"Eventually. I'm not sure exactly when. For now I'm very content with where I am." 

Yes, I was content. We'd been moved to the biggest guest room Nurse Joy had to offer. I guessed Nurse Joy felt guilty for letting the cretin Kenny into Dawn's room and this was her way of asking for forgiveness. The room had multiple beds, desks, and even a TV and couch which was where Dawn and I were currently both sitting side by side. Dawn had a blanket and her splinted wrist propped up by a pillow while she iced it. 

"I've heard Pokemon Contests aren't very big over there, but Pokemon Musicals are."

I almost snorted. "I've just gotten used to the idea of Contests. Please don't ruin it with Unova crazes." 

"I bet they're fun." 

"What do the Pokemon sing? Their name over and over again? That doesn't make any sense."

Dawn rolled her eyes. "Ok, fine. We don't have to talk about them. What do you want to do?" 

Not leave. Stay here forever. Move closer to you. 

I sighed and tried to refocus for the millionth time. "Want to watch a movie?" 

"Sure. What are you in the mood for? Nurse Joy has a pretty big collection down here. She seems like a big My Little Ponyta fan." 

"Anything but that." 

Dawn giggled. "Ok, how about something with Pokemon battles?" 

"Ok." 

"How'd I guess that?" she asked sarcastically. I smiled. 

She put the disk into the player and came to join me on the couch, looking at the screen eagerly. 

The movie did have me pretty intrigued- a Salamence was involved. Dawn had apparently known that before putting in the disk because she kept peeking at me to see my reactions to certain moves and plot twists. A lot of other Pokemon were used, but Salamence was the only one I truly paid attention to. The entire rest of the movie I was most attentive to the few inches that separated me from Dawn. I began constructing ways to breach the divide, though I was unsure why I wanted to so badly in the first place. I struggled to not submit to that desire which refused to go away. 

Before I knew it, the credits were rolling. 

"Did you like it?" Dawn asked, grinning. 

"Yes." 

She beamed at me. "Want to watch one more?" 

"If you want to." 

Dawn went over to the selection of movies. "Um, ok... how about Wailord Rider?" 

"What the heck is that?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"There's some girl riding a Wailord on the cover? I've never heard of it." 

"Throw it in if you want to watch it." 

She did. The movie started off on a faraway island I'd never heard of before. A tribe of people following ancient traditions of their people was introduced. Only the men were allowed to use Pokemon. The girl on the cover just kind of watched for the first thirty minutes, though she wanted to become a Trainer...