Hidden Chapter: Chapter 49B

Hey Guys!

Wow, I missed updating. I miss Dawn and Paul a lot and I haven't gotten to write about them in awhile. I've had this written for a pretty long time too, but I just needed First Light to settle before I felt ready to update again. Plus I was waiting for the Pokemon Watty Awards to be over with judging since adding on like this isn't exactly part of the story, yet it is exactly what happened. Now that the awards are over (I seriously need to find out who actually did win and read their stories), I'll try to update every once and a while. It's not like these hidden chapters are crucial to the story, they're just a different perspective. Because of that, I'd really love if you went back and read the chapter I say it's about (in this case, chapter 49). You could compare what Paul and Dawn are thinking. Authors need to make sure they're putting themselves in all characters' shoes and sometimes that requires writing in different perspectives to make sure they're representing a character correctly. Plus it's FUN.

So yeah, read chapter 49 first please! I think you'd get a lot more out of this chapter if you did, otherwise you may be lost with what's happening.

-Flips

Chapter 49B (Dawn's POV)

I hadn't even had time to scream as his body forced mine to go tumbling down. The only thought in my head by that point was to make sure I didn't hurt my wrist. If I landed on it again, I knew I'd be in some serious trouble and pain. So as I fell, I made sure not to put my hands down and just let myself fall on my back. Paul caught himself above me without hurting himself, but there he was. Right above me. 

Oh my gosh, Paul is on top of me. My eyes widened and I gasped. Where in the world did he come from? One minute I'd been getting hugs from all my Pokemon and the next I looked over my shoulder to see how Mamoswine was doing behind me to see Paul looking like he was tackling me. And here I was. With Paul. On top of me. 

I couldn't move as I stared at his face. I'd never really seen it up this close before. Not really. At least not with my eyes this wide that they felt like they'd pop out of my head. Oh my gosh, how was I not hyperventilating? Or dying from not breathing? I couldn't even tell if I was breathing or not because I was so focused on every single aspect of his face and at the same time feeling his legs against mine. He always wore cargo pants, but my dress was short enough that it didn't really feel like there was much between our actual skin.  

If I had been breathing before that thought, I wasn't anymore. 

"Are you ok?" Words somehow filtered into my brain, which had been so focused on touch and sight that I was surprised that I could understand them and match them with Paul's moving mouth. 

I paused for way too long of a time as I became mesmerized by his face and how his eyes never left mine. I took a deep breath. "Yeah, I think so." 

"Your wrist?" 

"Yeah." The word sped out of my mouth before I could think of it. I wasn't paying attention to words. 

His eyes. That was all I could think about. His eyes. In Sinnoh, everyone knew how cold his eyes could be. How his face would be furious and show this anger that I'd never really seen on anyone else's face. But now? Every time he looked at me was with this tenderness. It was even more obvious now, his face so close to mine. I could tell how open his face was when he looked at me. No guy had ever looked at me in that way before. No guy had ever made me unable to breathe, to think, to move. 

No guy had ever been on top of me. 

A sudden fear clawed sanity back into me and I had to refrain from pushing Paul off of my body. "Um, Paul?"