-Hogwarts Express and the Paper-

Delania = DE - LAY - NEE - A

ENJOY LOVES!

{Delania POV}

As I looked out onto the platform, it was just a manic crowd of people and steam from the train, I couldn't see anyone and I could hardly see my own feet. As much as I loved spending summer with my Uncle Remus a whole seven weeks could be daunting when you lived with a fully fledged werewolf, and this year he was teaching at Hogwarts. It's not that I don't love him, I do, but when you're fifteen, an orphan and live with a werewolf, I mean come on!

"Delania!" Remus snapped me out of my daydream.

"Sorry," I apologised. "In the clouds." I tapped my head and tilted my head. After he'd turned his back to me again, I looked around frantically for Fred and George. I was always concerned about who they were pranking, well, concerned if it was me or not. Anyway I must've been so still and had become invisible to the human eye because Remus had walked off leaving me on my own.

I closed my eyes tightly as I heard heaving footsteps behind me. "Boo!" The twins tapped my shoulders from behind me.

"Again? Seriously!" I said agitated, poking them both in the ribs.

"What did you expect?" George said with a triumphant grin on his face. Fred smirked at me so I just glared at him, he had definitely grown up over the summer.

"Shall we?" Fred gestured to the train. I rolled my eyes at them both.

"We shall." I took both their arms and we entered the loud, manic train.

It was cold on the way due to Fred jamming the window in our carriage, and soon enough Angelina Johnson joined us as well and started talking to the boys about her quidditch practice, but all I could think about was my other friends; Nathan Diggory, Rosie Thurmond and Montague Turret. We'd met in first year on the train and had hit it off quite well, but then at the sorting ceremony I was sorted into Gryffindor, Nathan into Hufflepuff like his older brother Cedric, Rosie into Ravenclaw and Monty into Slytherin. Even though our houses kept us apart, there was never a dull moment with them three.

"How was everyone's summer?" Angie asked the three of us as we looked at each other awkwardly. 

I shrugged. "Average."

George snickered. "Yeah, average enough for someone who was looking after bloody werewolf!" I hit his arm.

"George, knock it off." Fred laughed. "I think you're the bravest person I know, Nia." He then continued, milking it and taking the piss basically.

"Thanks boys," I sighed, smiling nevertheless. "But remember, we've got that secret to keep, I don't want anything bad happening to Remus."

"No problem, if I get attacked you'll be the first one a call." Fred laughed again and winked at me.

"What's changed?" I glanced at Angie and she laughed too.

"Not much, Dee, not much." She looked out of the window and I followed her gaze, spotting the towers of Hogwarts and instantly getting excited.

XXX

When we arrived at Hogwarts news came that Harry, my dad's godson, had been attacked by a dementor. He had to go straight to Dumbledores office. When we got into the common room, Angie and I dumped all our stuff in our dorms, eager to get to the Great Hall before anyone else, or just the twins.

As I walked through the common room, however, I could feel eyes all over me. "What's this?" I stopped when I saw Seamus Finnigan reading the Daily Prophet, it had my dads name on it.

"Suppose you're in on it, aren't you, Black?" Seamus stood up.

"No, why? Do you think I am or is some prick spreading rumours already?" I challenged him, balling my fists, no one talked about my dad like that, even if he was a criminal.

"Well, he is your dad."

"Oh, so it's you spreading the rumours!" I put my hands on my hips. "What does it say anyway?"

"It says," Seamus picked it up and straightened it. "Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban this morning. He was sentenced for the murder of Peter Pettigrew, being the only person to break out of Azkaban we are looking for him everywhere. When we find him, the option is clear. Sirius Black must die."

"I'll kill you!" I launched at him.

"Nia! You'll only make it worse!" Fred dodged in front of me and I had to back down, I liked Fred and I didn't want to disappoint him, because I liked him so damn much. Sometimes I thought he knew, but George definitely did, whenever he had to leave Fred and I alone, he'd wink at me.

"Fine." I huffed and started to walk out of the common room.

"Bastard." I whispered as I walked past Seamus.

Whilst walking to the Great Hall I continued to sigh. "People can't just presume I'm a criminal can they? I mean it's not like I'll ever end up in Azkaban."

Angie placed her hand on my shoulder. "If you do I've got a load of bail money I keep just in case George and Fred ever go too far."

"I think they just kill you there, Ange." George explained, bumping her shoulder as the twins walked past us.

"George, that's not helping!" Angelina whispered as I caught sight of Remus out of the corner of my eye.

"You guys go on, I just gotta..." I started to run towards Remus as I stumble a few metres in front of him. "Remus!"

He turned just as I crashed into him. "Nia? What on earth-"

"Have you seen the papers?" I asked, catching my breath.

"No... What's in the papers?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows and expecting the worst.

"My Dad." He looked at me, puzzled. I carried on. "He escaped from Azkaban and they're saying if they find him they'll kill him."

"Nia, they won't find your dad." Remus assured me. For a minute he gave me a look that told me he knew all about it. "You'd best go, your friends are still waiting for you." He gestured towards them so I nodded and left.

"I thought I'd told you to go?" I asked them with my hands on my hips.

"What and leave you?" Fred said, mimicking my hands on hips gesture. I reckon I blushed slightly because he held the gaze longer than I thought he would.

"Never." George replied, doing exactly the same and moving my attention. Laughing at each other, we walked down the corridor and entered the great hall.

Welcome back to Hogwarts, Delania Black.

❤️