-Names and Stuff-

{Narrator POV}

Things were not going well, Delania would often think it was because Harry Potter was still alive and then settled on the idea after realising that shit had only been happening since he joined Hogwarts. There'd been many many more deaths as well. Lee Jordan had henceforth created a radio system none of the death eaters were able to track, every evening he'd read out the names of people who'd been killed.

Delania and Fred sat at the kitchen table every night and waited for names of people they knew. Four already, four people from their year at school that'd been killed. They'd both also think about whether having a child right now was going to be easy, Fred didn't want to talk to Delania about it but was getting more and more anxious by the minute, he was scared. Druella was still in St Mungos and with the attack on Nathan's flat a few days ago he wasn't sure whether the attacks were linked to his fiancé.

No, Delania hadn't told him yet. She hadn't told him the attacks were linked to her because he'd go all overprotective and have her on house arrest for the rest of the year. So she was off to visit Tonks who'd given birth early to a baby boy, Teddy.

"Argh, he's so adorable!" Delania kept tapping his nose and Tonks stood laughing in the doorway.

"He's your godson, and Harry's." Tonks sat down next to the girl and took her child back in her own arms. "Have you heard yet?"

"Anything? No." Delania sighed heavily. "Fred keeps saying we'll hear his name on the radio if he dies but..." She drifted off in thought before the door opened and in walked Remus.

He stood watching the women look at him for sometime before nodding in a friendly way and retreating to the kitchen.

"What's up with him?" Delania asked. "What have I done?"

Tonks frowned solemnly. "He's scared you'll have the same fate as your mum." She placed Teddy in his cot and joined her again. "A young mum, troubled, he's afraid you'll leave."

Delania scoffed. "I'm not leaving. I hope he knows I'm not going anywhere."

"That's what she said." Remus appeared at the doorway and his eyebrows furrowed in a straight line across his head. There were a few scattered and lost looks shared between the two new parents and Delania saw there was something wrong.

"Okay listen, I've had too much drama and secrets in my life lately what's going on?" She was almost demanding they tell her something and so Remus took the young woman's hand.

"Delania, your mother." Remus swallowed hard. "She's joined him."

"What?" Delania gasped and suddenly found it too hard to breath. "Lord Voldemort?"

Tonks nodded slowly. "We always knew Lucius was still in contact with his sister but it was only a matter of time before-"

"Yes, Nymphadora I think she understands." Remus asked his wife to leave before her hair turned red with anger after hearing her name.

There were tears running down Delania's cheeks when Remus turned back.

"Delania listen to me." He told her. "Roxanne is gone, I knew it all along."

"What do you mean?"

Remus took a deep breath. "When your mother was at school she started taking some interest in your father and-" He coughed a few times, Delania could see it was hard for him, having his first daughter dad chat. "But you see, he was with Marlene McKinnon, she was lovely and a Gryffindor and Roxanne hated it."

Delania looked at him before dropping her head again and fiddling with her locket.

"She started courting your father and some say she slipped him a love potion, then she left school in her last year just before the end of term. She returned the next Christmas with you and your sister." Remus finished and stood up, walking over to the window.

"I've had so many secrets kept and hidden away from me my whole life." Delania held back the last few tears. "Are there anymore?"

Remus shook his head. "Promise."

XXX

Delania left soon after and to be honest it hadn't come as a shock that her mum had left, it only made her suspicious, but she had no time to think.

Fred barged through the door to see his partner sat at the kitchen table. He smiled. "Delilah, Theo."

Delania looked up, shocked. "What?"

"Or Rosie and Harvey."

"Fred?" Delania laughed as her soon to be husband sat next to her. "We're not having this conversation now."

Fred looked up and hurt was in his eyes. "So what we'll just have a nameless baby?"

"No, Fred my mum." Delania said, Fred saw she was being serious.

"I know and I don't want to bother or talk to you about it, darling." Fred tucked her hair behind her ear. "You lived without her for sixteen years of your life."

"I know." Delania smiled softly. "Fred the attacks, I think it's her."

Fred tilted his head. "So soon?"

"I'm sure of it and think about it. Voldemort wanted to use me for my patronus and fails, gets my mother back on his side and then when she also fails he makes her kill all the people that are close to me, because she knows who they are."

Fred stared at her and caressed her cheek. "Calm down Delania. We'll sort it later."

Delania nodded and then smiled again. "I like Beau. It's French for beautiful."

"And what if it's a boy?" Fred asked with another curious look on his face causing Delania to smile and giggle slightly.

"Fred don't you get it?" Delania laughed and stood. "We're having a girl."

Fred stood shell shocked for a few seconds and then a smile grew on his face. "Beau it is." He kissed her and flicked the radio on ready to dance with her whatever the music. Except it wasn't music.

'And here is the list of magical lives taken today; Marcus Garrick, Isla Wallow, Lily Eddy, Druella Roux.'

❤️