-Bonjour, France-

{Delania POV}

Ella and Mum's French villa was gorgeous. And the weather was exceptional, nothing like rainy London or Scotland. Druella explained to me her stepdad was also a muggle, so no magic in the house unless he was out. We entered the house and mum took mine and Ella's suitcases upstairs to our room which we'd be sharing whilst we were there, and Ella showed me around downstairs. In the living room there was a TV, record player, tape recorder and other muggle stuff, Professor Burbage had taught us about them all in Muggle Studies (I'd achieved the highest result in my Muggle Studies O.W.Ls and was interested in them, just not as much as Mr Weasley).

"What do you think?" Ella asked.

I was still looking around in awe. "I love it." I gasped. Then the door lock clicked, making me jump.

"Relax, Nia. It's only Sacha." Ella said. I gave her a quizzical look. "Oh, my stepdad." She laughed.

A thin looking man walked in, he must've been able to out his whole hand on the ceiling because he was absolutely massive! He had a grey suit on and smiled at us both. "You must be Delania." He stuck his hand out for me to shake. I took it and can I just say, he almost broke my hand. "I'm Sacha Roux. Druella's father."

"Stepfather..." Druella muttered under a cough.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Mr Roux. I've heard a lot about you." I lied. Ella had told me zilch about this man. Nothing. Sacha nodded and carried on towards the kitchen. Druella stuck her middle finger up at him as he left, making me laugh.

"I hate him. With a bloody good passion." She spat. "I don't think mum likes him either, I mean he's in love with her but I'm not sure it's the same story for her." We both sat down on the pale blue silk sofa. "By the way, mums going to visit her brother, Lucius, when she drops me off at yours near the end of summer. Does that mean Draco Malfoy's my cousin?"

"Yeah, mine too, but he's honestly so misjudged. He hates his family." I explained.

We talked for ages about our family tree and I told Ella she could look at our family tree room when she comes to visit and that dad was really looking forward to seeing her. Mum said we were going out for dinner and sent us upstairs to get dressed and cleaned. Ella's bedroom was so elegant, mine was just a bed, wardrobe and a piled shit just about everywhere. Thank Godric for magic. After roughly an hour of giggling, dressing and doing each other's makeup, mum called us downstairs.

"Oh wow, you both look gorgeous." She stared at us as we walked down the stone steps. Mum looked stunning as well, I could now see why my dad fell for her. She shouted to Sacha and he joined us, walking outside into the warm air and seeing a black car in front was... confusing.

"We're taking a car?" I whispered to Ella.

"Sacha doesn't know we're witches, remember!" She reminded me, I rolled my eyes at myself, climbing into the particularly large four wheel drive.

"So, Delania, Ella told me you finally found a date to the ball." Mum started as we set off.

"Oh, you girls had a ball, nice..." Sacha piped in, trying desperately to keep his eyes on the road as well as being socially involved.

"Well, kind of yeah... I guess." I said, laughing nervously. "Fred Weasley."

"Ahh, him again. Molly and Arthur were in her seventh year when I joined Hogwarts with Lucius." Mum told me. "Lovely woman, absolutely wonderful." When we reached the our destination, we all exited the car and Sacha gave the car keys to a smartly dressed man who got in his car and drive off. I stood watching after him, and I think slightly confused is an understatement.

"They're taking it to park it." Mum placed a hand on my shoulder, I realised Ella and Sacha had gone in. "Don't worry, I just wanted to talk to you about how great I think it is you're taking Ella to see her dad. It's been ages." She sighed.

"But, thinking about it, Mum. You never really split up did you?" I asked curiously.

"Oh no no no. I always loved your father, Lucius would scold me for it by saying I was betraying our family or something strange like that. Me and your father started to date in our fifth year, he was very much into Muggle Studies like yourself and so for our first Christmas together I bought him a tape recorder."

"The one in the living room?"

"Yes, it is that one actually." She went on. "He'd record us all with it and I have all the tapes, sometimes when I miss him, I watch them..." Mum wandered off in her own world. "What's he like now?"

"The same I suppose. Although he never talks about you much."

"Probably because I couldn't bail him out of Azkaban." Mum said, pointing and directing me over to our table. "We'll talk later darling." She whispered as we sat down.

It was very posh restaurant, in the middle hanging from the ceiling was a giant chandelier, and underneath were marbled stairs which cascaded down into the ground, mum said that's where they kept the wine. Sacha was very inquisitive to the point of which I had to leave and go to the toilets. I looked myself up and down in the mirror, was this who I would've been if mum had taken me that day and not Ella? Fancy dresses and big, fat muggle cars. I almost threw up at the sight of myself in that blue silk dress, hair scrapped back neatly and in a ponytail behind me which Ella had curled slightly. It's not that I didn't like it, I guess I just missed my dad and Remus. I hadn't seen either of them since September and it was now June.

I braced myself and headed back out, almost stumbling over my petit shoes as I did so. The dinner was nice but it came in tiny portions of which I knew if me and dad ate like this back home, we'd end up raiding the kitchen when we got back and making a big deal and joke about how small it was.

"You okay Nia?" Ella asked me as we climbed back into the car.

I nodded. "Just missing dad I guess..." I saw Mum look sideways at me from the front seat and I thought for a second she regretted running away and leaving me, leaving dad.

We got back and I kicked my heels off, ran upstairs and changed straight into my pajamas. It was strange sleeping in a big house, nothing like small, terraced, Grimmauld Place. And I hated to say or even think about it, but in a way I missed Kreacher. Minutes went by, Ella came in and silence was thrown into the room. We both got into our beds and a knock came at the door. Mum entered.

"I thought, maybe, you two would like to know about how your father and I met." She said quietly. "Follow me the both of you." I looked at Ella and we both cautiously stood up and followed Mum downstairs, into the basement. She showed us several fancy tubes of silvery foggy stuff.

"What's that?" I asked, pointing to a circular floating bowl of blue water.

"A pensieve."

❤️