-Life, Death and Conflict-

{Delania POV}

"I can't believe it." Fred muttered as he sat up in bed reading the Daily Prophet. "He's dead, I bet it was that Bellatrix's fault."

"Fred, it's no ones fault if someone dies." I scoffed and shuffled closer to him, wrapping my arms round his torso.

"Nia, they infiltrated the castle, they killed him. It wasn't an accident." He replied quite calmly, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Poor Harry." 

"Yeah, he'll be back soon just you watch." I told him as we both sighed heavily and sat in silence for a while longer. "And then the real war will start."

"Ah, but not before Bill's wedding." Fred laughed, I grimaced slightly as I remembered that I was supposed to be going to try on my bridesmaid dress today. Fleur has picked me of all people to be a bridesmaid, and Ginny, we'd both thought it was a joke when she'd first told us and laughed, before realising she was being deadly serious.

Fred got up several minutes later and went downstairs to make a cup of tea, because according to his dad, muggles drank a lot of it and had made all of his kids drink it five times a day, when they were younger. I stretched across the bed and yawned loudly, I tried to close my eyes again but I couldn't drop off as easily as I could when Fred was here too. I must've at least got in five or six extra minutes before hearing a horrific crash from downstairs. It made me shoot up and off the bed so hard I almost face planted into the wall but recovered and pulled on my dressing gown, grabbing my wand at the ready I ran downstairs.

"Fred!" I was kind of in a flurry as I entered the kitchen, Fred stood there gasping at me as my eyes flicked to the broken mug on the floor.

"Don't worry, I'm on it." Fred had his hands out as if he was trying to calm me down or keep a dragon at bay.

I sighed heavily and twitched a smile as he gathered the broken pottery and chucked it in the bin. "What's that?" I then asked, turning my attention to an envelope on the table. "More bad news?"

Fred laughed. "Actually it's good news, great news actually." He walked over to me and wrapped his arms round my waist. "Rosie had a baby girl."

It took me about twenty seconds to process the information but when I had got it I couldn't do anything, just smile.

"Earth to Delania?" Fred waved a hand in front of my face and I focused again. "Good news. Yeah?"

"Well, duh!" I laughed and launched myself up, considering I was a fair bit smaller than he was, to kiss him. "What's she called?"

"They've called her Daisy."

XXX

{Narrator POV}

Delania and Fred made their way to the Burrow where Molly sat talking to Roxanne, Remus and Scarlett. The mother of seven wasn't sure whether Roxanne had done the right thing by hiring one of her friends to 'spy' on her own daughter. Molly understood Roxanne's position, her lover had died a year ago, she had a estranged husband back in France and her daughter was being targeted. She was scared.

No one noticed Fred and Delania slip through the door. They stood in the corner taking off their coats as they listened in, both confused as to why Scarlett was there. Delania turned to her fiancé and gave him a confused look to which Fred just shrugged.

"So you're okay to carry on watching over her?" Roxanne and Remus turned to Scarlett, causing Molly to look through the gap and see her son.

"Fred!" Molly walked towards him and squeezed him into a hug, then moving onto Delania who couldn't take her attention away from what she'd just heard her mum say.

"I'm sorry what? Hi Scarlett." Delania stared down both the women as Remus tried to stand up before getting death glared and falling back into his chair. "What's going on?"

Roxanne looked at her daughter with a solemn face. "Delania I can-"

"Explain? Yeah, I wanna hear an explanation."

Fred put his hands on her shoulders and rubbed slightly releasing the tension and a warm flood through her head, relaxing her. "Babe, I think we should hear their excuse but try not to bite anyone's head off."

Molly smiled at her son and how caring he'd become since being with with Delania. "Roxanne, Remus, I think that's your place."

Remus took a deep breath. "We were worried about you and so contacted Scarlett after we found out Fred had hired a Healer."

"We didn't want you getting hurt again, please understand." Roxanne finished.

Delania turned her focus to Fred who didn't want to get shouted at, so he nodded in response. "Me and Fred are more than capable of looking after ourselves, but we thank you for the support."

Fred looked at her with proud eyes and squeezed her hand. Molly couldn't believe her son had fallen in love with such an incredible person, better still although Molly didn't admit it, Delania was her favourite.

❤️