-Yes-

{Narrator POV}

Delania awoke on a cold hard floor. She knew not where she was, only that the walls surrounding her were a blinding white colour and her vision was blurred out, it took the girl awhile to realise the buzzing noise in her ears as well. It was an awful screeching sound, I'm an attempt to do something about it Delania rubbed her ears hard, but nothing changed. Then she saw him, he was as pale as a white candlestick with only some grey veins showing. Lord Voldemort. He seemed to be talking to someone who was kneeling on the floor, crying. It was a man and he was saying things about his daughter.

"Dad!" Delania screamed and ran up to them but they couldn't see her, was this a dream? "Dad!"

"You leave her alone! Do you hear me?" Sirius pleaded, tears flowing fast down his face. The vile snake-like man only laughing. "She's not like her mother, she won't just give you the patronus."

"No, I will make her." Voldemort said. "And when I get her to join us, she will kill you herself."

A loud cry escaped Sirius' mouth once more.

"And do you remember, Sirius, what a Phoenix patronus can do?"

"K-Ki..." Sirius' cries drowned the noise of his own words.

"The wizard that bears a Phoenix patronus can kill with it, but a girl that young would only be able to conjure it once before dying. You see your daughter is very special, and when the time comes, I need her on my side. Not against me." Voldemort told Sirius.

"She still has her old patronus. Harry never taught her how to conjure a proper one, you're losing." Sirius mocked.

"Am I? Has it gone over your head the fact Dolores Umbridge has been teaching her how to conjure a real patronus. When the time comes, she will use it."

"YOU WILL NOT KILL MY DAUGHTER!" Sirius screamed.

"Dad!"

XXX

"DAD!" Delania sat upright almost killing her back and neck in the process. She was in the Gryffindor Common Room, on a couch. It looked dark outside so her only estimate was that everyone was asleep in their dorms. She reached for something around her, some comfort, song she found the locket round her neck and even though she didn't know which pictures lay inside, her parents were there and she was safe.

"You alright?" Fred's voice came from the other couch near the sofa. He looked as though he'd just woken as well.

"Yeah," Delania furrowed her eyebrows at him. "What're you doing down here? What time is it?"

"Well the time is three in the morning." Fred said, getting off the sofa and going to sit on hers as she looked pretty shaken. "I realised you were down here asleep when me and George came in from Hogsmeade, everyone else was in bed and the fire had gone out so you were practically an ice cube. I lit the fire and was about to leave when I heard you talking in your sleep." Fred grinned.

"Shit, what did I say?" Delania's cheeks grew red as she dreaded her reply.

"Oh Freddie! I miss you awfully! Please forgive me so we can get married and have cute little redhead children together!" Fred said dramatically in his high pitched voice. Delania whacked his chest.

"Really?" Delania said, her cheeks growing hotter by the second.

"No. You sounded scared." Fred started, looking her in the eye. "And I know you, you don't get scared. So I came round to check on you and you looked scared." His face became more and more concerned before Delania dropped her head in shame. Fred's hand touched her chin and caressed her cheek. "Was it just a bad dream, or something much more?"

Delania sighed. She knew she could trust Fred. "Voldemort was talking to my dad, they were saying something about me having a Phoenix patronus and how dangerous it was-"

"And if you were to conjure one you would die, yeah, I know about that." Fred's hand moved to her nose and he pinched it before moving her hairline and bring her head to rest on his chest. They sat in front of the fire, Fred's arms round Delania, almost completely enclosing her from everything.

"But there's more to it than that..." Delania gulped.

"Mhm."

"I know why Harry wouldn't let me go to DA, because you were protecting me. But, Merlin I've been so ridiculous!" Delania started to play with the buttons on Fred's shirt.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Fred asked as his hand came to hers on his chest.

"Umbridge offered to teach me." Delania just had to blurt it out. There was no other way to say it.

Fred went silent, Delania shut her eyes trying to imagine how pissed he was at her stupidity. All she could hear was his heart beating as she waited for his reply.

"Dels?" Fred sat up but still let Delania's head upon his shoulder. "Normally I would've said that was a shitty move, which it was. But you didn't know why you weren't allowed into DA, and so I understand."

"No you don't." Delania pulled away from him.

"Well, even if I don't now there's all the more time for you to spend with me." Fred said.

"What?"

"Well, I'm gonna have to protect you from everything now, aren't I?"

Delania smiled, receiving one back from Fred.

"Delania Black I love you so much. I'm so glad you're mine, I'm not sure what I'd do without you." Fred went red after saying it, probably because he'd never said anything like that before.

"Frederick I love you too!" Delania fling her arms round his neck, knocking him back and into the position they were both in before.

She pulled away and they just looked into each other's eyes. Fred's hand crept to the the bottom of her waist and sat there, hers round his neck. Delania lowered her forehead to touch his and the two laughed at their stupidity. Then Fred did something he'd been dying to do. He brought his lips to hers and they lay there together, their lips moved in sync as Fred's stomach was filled with that warm fuzzy feeling he'd always had for Delania. His hands travelled up her school shirt and hers got tangled in his red hair. Then she got struck with a thought.

"Fred."

"What? Have I done something wrong?"

"Yes. I will."

"What are you on about-"

"I'm saying yes."

And then it hit Fred, and his face lit up, she said yes. They were getting married.

❤️