-Au revior, France-

{Delania POV}

So, I was glad to say that after a week in France I had accomplished my list:

1. Try that really expensive wine Monty talked about.
2. Go to an overly expensive restaurant.
3. Swim in a really expensive swimming pool and wear really expensive glasses.
4. Buy several expensive things.
5. Learn about my parents past.

Well, the pensieve had been pretty useful with that last one, me and Ella had creeped down to the basement every night to release mums memories from the tubes into the foggy water. It was now time for me to go home and my bags we packed. I stood just near the massive fireplace where I would use floo-powder to journey back to cosy Grimmauld Place. I was very much looking forward to seeing dad, Remus, Tonks and others that normally piled into our house mainly because of the Order.

"Are you sure there will be people inside the house when you get back sweetie?" Mum was worrying about me. I laughed.

"There always is in our household." I joked.

She smiled lop-sided at me. "Give Draco a hug for me will you, love?" I nodded and squeezed her into a hug.

"Nia!" Ella ran down the stairs. "Tell Georgie I love him and that I'll see him soon, also tell Nathan I send my bests." She said, slightly out of breath.

"Tell Sacha to keep on getting more and more unimportant." I whispered into her ear. She giggled quietly and helped me with my bags. I stepped into the large fireplace and smiled at the pair of them.

"I'll see you both soon. Have a good summer." I said, before I shouted my location and disapparated.

XXX

To say I was overjoyed to see the familiar draughty, dark look of Grimmauld Place kitchen was a complete and utter understatement. I smiled and smiled as I dragged my luggage out of the ashes. I walked to the bottom of the stairs and dumped the bags before shouting for dad and Remus. No one was there.

"Hello?" I shouted a second time. "For Merlin sake you two its only me." A loud clutter came from the living room and I rushed in. There stood dad and Remus, delighted to see me. But I found it a bit odd to see Remus run up and hug me first.

"You've been useless without me, haven't you." I laughed at him.

"I missed you, pup." Remus said. He pulled away and I stared at my dad. My own dad just stood and smiled at me. It made me feel dead inside, almost like he expected me to be someone else.

But I wasn't in the kind of mood to ask why so I just ran up and hugged him instead. "I missed you, dad."

"I missed you too." And that was it. There was no 'oh Delania how was France?' or 'I've had nothing to do without you.' He looked miserable, almost as if he'd been ill. Remus helped me take up my cases and I slumped down onto my bed.

"What's up with dad?" I came straight out and asked him. Remus turned and gave me a saddening look. "I can tell something is wrong. So tell me."

"He's worried about Harry." My godfather told me, taking a seat next to me. "After the rumours about you know who being back, he's been begging Harry to come over for the summer, for safety."

"Did he worry about me whilst I was away." I asked him. Remus just stared at me. He slowly shook his head, my heart dropped. My own father had been more concerned about Harry Potter than his daughter who had been abroad with his ex wife for a week. What a selfish act. Well, that or he thought Harry was his son.

"Who is that?" Remus stood up and walked into the hall as we both heard a knock on the downstairs door.

Merlin, I was such an idiot. "Nathan!" I slid down the stairs and banged on the door in our lock code. Dad had this because Grimmauld Place was hidden amongst terrace houses, to pull them apart and reveal our house we had a knock code. So, if someone like Moody wanted to come by he just had to bang his umbrella on the floor three times slowly. So when someone asked for permission to enter, we knocked on the door three times slowly. I know, it's complicated, but it works.

The door opened and there stood Nathan, he was surprisingly smiley.

"Hey, boo! How was France? What dya get me?" He asked. I laughed at him as I hauled his bags in with him.

"You sound like Monty." I told him. He gave me an unimpressed look.

"I sound gay?!" He said, the side of his lips creeping up either side. I nodded, whilst pulling him into a hug. Nathan had grown, again. He rested his chin on my head. "Dad is a mess. I was lucky to have got out of the house." He muttered. I could imagine, Amos and Nathan weren't having a funeral for Cedric, Amos said it would be 'too emotionally possible'. Whatever the hell that meant. Nathan also said his dad was going to Wales for a while to have some time to himself because he was way too depressed. And luckily for the rest of us, we understood.

"Nathan Diggory? Is that really you?" My dad appeared in the doorway to the kitchen, he hadn't seen Nathan since we were thirteen and Remus took us both to Azkaban to visit him.

"Mr Black, sir." Nathan walked up to dad and shook his hand.

"Call me Sirius, and my have you grown." Dad laughed. Remus made his way downstairs and also greeted Nathan. I was very glad to see this summer was going to be a step up for Nathan.

"This is sweet." Nathan said as he stared in awe at his bedroom, right next to mine. "You sure it's cool with me staying here all summer?"

I nodded. "Sure. Anyway, straight to it. Heard from Monty or your girlfriend?" I sang, kinda taking the piss a bit but Nathan just gave me 'the look'.

"Me and Rosie talked all last week. It's fortunate her owl is a fast flyer." He told me. I laughed.

"Really? He always flies into my window." I said, but realised I was frowning.

"What's up, princess?" Nathan turned towards me.

"What do you mean?"

"Your face, is a bomb site." He said. "So tell me."

I sighed. "Dad was worrying about Harry all last week, according to Remus he never said a word about me and when he brought my holiday up, dad changed the subject."

"Well well well, looks like we both have daddy issues now." Nathan slouched back and laid on his hands like they were a pillow.

"Yeah. I guess."

❤️