-Surprise-

{Delania POV}

"Nathan Diggory do not leave your boxers in the hallway!" I shouted. Nathan was probably downstairs eating as usual. As I picked up his laundry, my dad appeared. He chuckled to himself.

"What?!" I asked frustrated.

"He reminds me of James. Potter." Dad smiled and decided to help me.

"And who do I remind you of?" I asked him again. Dad paused and looked up in thought.

"Remus. Some of his traits must've rubbed off on you."

I scoffed. "Yeah thanks dad." And I was feeling like it so the part that came next slipped out, on purpose. "Let me guess Harry reminds you of you?" My dad froze. He looked up and I carried on picking the clothes up in a flustered kind of way.

"Delania." He said. I continued to ignore him. "Delania Black. No one could ever, ever take your place in this house or in our family. You are my daughter, there are just some things I'm not ready to tell you."

And with that he left, leaving me speechless and quite angry. I was angry for the rest of the day and I blame my father. Remus told me there would be a surprise for me and Nathan this evening but we were puzzled as to what. It was about four'o'clock in the afternoon when me and Nathan cautiously approached the door with saucepans because we were expecting no one.

"Nia, I'm scared. If this is the end, don't let anyone read my diary." He stammered.

I nodded, shakily. "Ditto that."

"What in Godrics name are you two doing?"

Me and Nathan both jumped to see Remus on the stairs. "There's... so-someone at the d-door." I stuttered. He laughed and walked the rest of the way down.

"That'll be the Thurmonds and most likely, the Turrets." He explained.

I looked at Nathan who looked as confused as I did, for once. "You mean, Monty and Rosie? But what are they doing here?"

Remus shrugged. "Guess we'll find out. Get to the kitchen." He winked at us before we departed. Me and Nathan stayed silent. I guessed we were both scared. More scared than we'd been with our saucepans.

"Delania! Nathan!" Rosie and Monty appeared at the door.

Rosi, as expected, ran straight up to Nathan and leapt into his arms. I went to greet Monty and told him all about the cute French guys he'd asked for. He told me he'd been in Russia with his family for the first two weeks and they'd just some back, but the bit that grabbed my attention was the Russian boys name, Andrei. Apparently they'd met at a camping resort and had exchanged addresses, he was a Muggle.

"No hug for me, Rosie?" I pouted at her and she giggled and made her way over.

"How's France?" She asked into my ear whilst we were still embracing each other.

"Good."

"And your dad?" She asked. I pulled away and made a face at her. She knew already.

"Children!" Rosie's dad appeared at the door. "We have an announcement for you." He looked around excitingly at the other parents. "You are going to be taking at road trip around England for the next two weeks, starting tomorrow in Rosie's car. She does know how to drive it Nathan, so don't worry."

I looked at the others. Monty was astonished and Nathan had been stuck to his stop so me and Rosi said the thank you's for them. I turned to Remus. "Who organised this?" I asked him.

"Me and Amos. After Cedrics death we knew you four would need a distraction, almost." He told me, smiling as if he was coming along too.

"Thank you, dad." I whispered, then realising my dreadful mistake. "I mean Remus!" He chuckled at me and I went to thank the others.

XXX

Four hours passed and Monty and Nathan had gone up to bed ages ago. Me and Rosie had decided to call it a night as well, saying goodnight to Remus and dad who were both sipping on whisky and chatting, before ascending up the winding stairs.

"Are you excited?" Rosie asked.

"I am actually." I told her. "Oh, for crying out loud, Delania!" I moaned at myself.

"What now?" Rosie tried to hold in her laughter but failed miserably.

"I left the snacks for the owls downstairs." I stomped back downstairs. I looked in the kitchen and Kreacher just stared at me when I asked him so I resorted to my parents.

"Seen the mice?" I asked them both, they just looked at me. "For the owls."

"Maybe." My dad whispered. "What are you paying us?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "There's no frigging payment. Do I expect you to pay me every time you get me the cereal?"

"No, Delania. But you are my daughter, therefore you should pay me." Dad said again.

Right, definitely drunk. I thought. "Remus?" I turned for help, but help was fast asleep in his comfy chair. I walked over to my dad and took the whisky out if his hand. I bent down and looked him in the eye. "Dad, I'm going to take you upstairs to bed. You're drunk." I helped him up and he didn't talk until we were just outside his bedroom door.

"You know, I am so lucky to have a daughter like you." He told me.

"Yeah, well you don't act like it. Get in there and get some sleep." I shoved him into his room and laughed lightly before walking past Uncle Regulus' room and smiling to myself. Apparently he knew me. Apparently I was a lot like him, shame I never got to know.

"What's on your mind?" Rosie asked as I walked back in.

"I'm worried that we'll come back and Harry Potter will have adopted my bedroom."

❤️