-What Rhymes with Spring?-

{Delania POV}

Everyone was ignoring me. No one talked to me and it was safe to say I was lonely. Fred was acting weird and now and then we would walk to lessons together and he'd drape his arm over my shoulder but say little. Nathan was upset with me the most, and the only person who dared talk to me was the only Slytherin who was in DA was Monty, bless.

"Why'd you do it?" Fred asked as we were on a silent spring walk down near Black Lake.

"Do what?" I asked, my heart rate doubled as I realised what he was talking about, the question I didn't really want to answer.

"Tell on us."

"Well when you put it like that, it sounds childish." I tried to laugh and make a joke out of it but Fred stopped me by holding my hands in his. He towered above me, staring down into my icy eyes with his warm, chocolate brown ones.

"I'm being serious." He said.

"W-Well... because, I felt annoyed at you for not letting me be apart of it." I whispered quietly.

"We couldn't.."

"Why not!" I pulled away from him and stood staring into him as if lasers were flying out of them.

"I can't say." Fred's head fell.

"What other things have you not been able to tell me, huh?" I shouted. "Fred, you've been ignoring me for a month and then out of nowhere you invite me on a walk? Why?" I laughed but my eyebrows knitted together.

{Fred POV}

"Why?" She said, and then as if all in a second, my heart fell. It sounds dramatic cause it was but to see Delania upset with me (not that she'd been upset with me before but this was proper angry), kinda sucked.

"Because... well." I pulled out the velvet red box from behind my back and looked at it for a second before opening it and showing her the crimson, garnet ring inside. "It was nothing really but I was talking to Remus about it a-and he said your mum still had her engagement ring from your parents wedding. I know we're still like young I mean you only just turned eighteen but-"

"You were..."

"Gonna ask you to marry me, yeah."

Delania looked at me. "Fred..."

"Yeah it's okay, you know maybe this was rushed but I just..." I told her the truth plainly and then turned to walk away. I started to cry, the tears ran down my face without hesitation, I loved Delania.

I loved her. Why else would I be asking her to marry me?

{Narrator POV}

Delania trudged into the hall for breakfast and out of the corner of her eye she could see Fred. Lee looked over and whispered to George; "what out, she might turn into an animagus." George hit him.

"Shut up, Jordan." George was defending both Delania and his brother. "They've not broken up, they're just... what are you Fred?"

"I don't know." Fred turned to look but caught Monty's eye as he did so.

"He's staring." Monty smirked as he said it causing Nathan and Rosie to do a full on one-hundred and eighty turn.

"Do you mind!" Delania tabled their collars to pull them back and into place. Meanwhile Filch was making his way into the hall.

"Get up, move!" He said in his grim voice. Monty looked appalled.

"I beg your pardon? What in Merlin's name did you just say?"

"I've got the pleasure of getting the hall ready for O.W.Ls." Filch looked proud of himself, so the foursome stood up and left, Lee and the twins following suit.

"How's your dad?" Rosie dared to ask. The reason being last time she'd asked was the last Christmas Delania had seen Sirius in Azkaban. Rosie thought the man was quite nice herself, scared of him at first she knew every one of Nia's friends had been, but it was fine.

"He's alright." Delania answered plainly. Rosie glanced at Nathan and Monty.

"Well, here's Ella and we've both got Ancient Runes now so... bye."

Monty's head snapped towards Rosie and she shrugged.

"Me too, Potions with Ravenclaw." Nathan legged it.

Monty was alone with Delania. In all honestly he loved her with all his heart, she was sweet and for a Gryffindor quite cunning. Nathan and Delania were close but over summer break when their parents had organised a trip for the four of them, Monty and Delania would stay up late and... drink.

Whilst the pair were walking elsewhere, the Weasley twins sat and plotted. They were plotting a prank on Umbridge as a farewell gift, they did hate her after all. Fred was just wishing Delania could be a part of it, that she hadn't betrayed them, and that she'd have said yes.

❤️

A/N sorry it's short. Merry Christmas! Xoxo