-My Past and My Friends-

{Delania POV}

Christmas came, Fred was staying at Hogwarts so that made me feel okay, at least I wouldn't be on my own. On Christmas Eve, me and Remus took a walk down to the Black Lake where he said my dad was going to be, and sure enough, he was.

"Hello, Pup! Merry Christmas both." He looked so run down, ill. We laughed and talked and my dad gave me a Christmas gift. "Now this was your mothers. I thought you oughta have it." My dad smiled at me.

"Dad? Who was mum?" I asked.

"Your mother, was the bravest woman I knew. Her name was Roxanne Malfoy. Lucius Malfoy's twin sister. Do you know Draco?" I scoffed. That sadly meant he was my cousin, of course he always had been due to his mother's and my dad's relation. "Well, he found out me and your mother had had children together and he was not a happy person."

"Wait? Children?" I asked, confused.

"You have a twin sister. Um, Maria... Dru-ella? I think." He looked down as he trailed off. Dad got emotional over family things sometimes, Moony told me that.

"I'll carry on," Remus said. "Lucius got angry and begged Lord Voldemort to kill you, your sister, me and your mother. Well, I found out and told your mother to flee. Well, your mother realised the danger she and her daughters were in and gathered her things. This was before your father was sentenced to years in Azkaban. But, in all the mess, she lost a child."

"Me." I muttered. I know it sounds weird but I was pretty calm about the whole thing. I was always emotionally prepared.

"Yes, well that's when I found out your father had supposedly killed someone. I went to see how Roxanne was, and there you were. Crying."

"But dad-" I turned to ask my dad a question, but he was gone.

XXX

We got back to the castle and I went to see Nathan, Rosie and Monty in the Great Hall. "Boo!"

"Nia!" Rosie suffocated me as usual. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Just went for a walk with Remus." I sat down in the middle of the boys.

"As usual. If he gives you an O in your exam I wouldn't be half surprised." Monty moaned from next to me.

"Um, excuse me mister 'Snapes teachers pet!'. Anyway he did bring me up..." I kicked him in the shin from under the table, causing him to wince.

"Guys," Nathan said. "Is it me, or is Fred Weasley staring daggers at me from the Gryffindor table." I laughed.

"Do you mind! My boyfriends only trying to look after me!" I burst out. The trio snapped their heads towards me and all smiled.

"Nia that's amazing!" Rosie squealed.

"What? That my boyfriends trying to look out for me?" I asked.

"No! That you have a boyfriend!" Nathan laughed. "Never thought it would happen." I shot him a look but smiled deep down.

"And it's Fred!" Monty joined the parade.

"Get off Monty!" I shoved him off as he loved his arms round my shoulders.

Over the tables I saw Draco Malfoy get up. Now, Draco is my cousin, I tend to speak to him a lot even if his family is a bunch of gits. It pained me somehow to see him sitting there, sullen look on his face, without thinking I decided to get up and see why he looked so bloody mardy. "Uhm, sorry give me an hour." I told my three friends as I started to walk away and after Draco.

"Draco!" I ran after him.

The look on his face was priceless. "Oh, hello Delania." He turned around as I stopped to catch my breath.

"Where were you going?" I asked.

"You know, just heading to the Owlery, send mum and dad a letter home for Christmas." He trailed off.

"Care if I join you?" I asked, he nodded and I linked my arm with his, he obviously mixed this but I didn't care. He looked scared. We headed off to the Owlery.

"So, your parents. What's gone wrong- uh, if you don't mind me asking" I asked. Draco normally came to me and talked about how his parents wanted him to be a death eater. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the kid.

"Well, dad says I'm a let down." He stopped again.

"Draco, you are not a let down! Okay!" Tears were in his eyes. He was crying, I'd heard the story about Hagrid's lesson and the hippogriff, his dad was an evil person. I only hoped my mum wasn't like that.

"Delania!"  Someone was shouting from the bottom of the hill. It was Rosie, she looked stressed which shocked me as I'd only been gone for ten minutes, a record for me leaving them before shit happened.

"You go,  I'll be fine..." Draco stammered.

"Okay." I hugged him and left.

"What's wrong now?" I asked her.

"Just follow me." I could tell something serious must've happened by the way she grabbed my hand and almost ran back into the school, Rosie didn't get worried often but when we got there I would understand why she was.

She led me to the hall, and all I saw was Fred.

❤️