-The War pt.1-

{Delania POV}

1st of May. This is when the catastrophic turn of events began, Beau woke up from her afternoon nap at round about three and Fred arrived home at four. News had got to us that Harry had been sighted in Hogsmeade and so we were all on standby. Me and Fred both knew that somehow it would end like this, having a child during a time where Voldemort was was never going to be easy, especially for one parent.

"Nia, she's asleep but I'm not sure how long it'll last for." Fred laughed quietly as he joined me back downstairs. I was huddled up on the sofa with the radio on, if Harry was at Hogsmeade it wouldn't be long. "You alright?"

I looked up at him. "Mhm, I'm just thinking."

"About what? How handsome your soon-to-be husband is?" Fred laughed sat down next to, putting his arm around my shoulder do I bury my head into his chest.

I laughed at him again, this was the best thing about marrying a Weasley, never short on jokes. "No, about-." A knock came from the front door, Fred looked at me anxiously as I whipped out my wand and headed to the stairs, he walked into the kitchen to see who it was, at this time of the night of course it could've been anyone. Fred disappeared out of sight before I heard a big crash. "Fred!"

I rushed through to see Fred holding up a battered looking George, I sighed. "And of all times to come round and see us, you pick now?" I chuckled to myself.

"Come on George let's get you down on the sofa." Fred grinned at his twin. We both helped and lay him down before I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bag of peas from the freezer. "What happened, mate?" Fred asked as I sat down next to him.

"I was in the pub," George paused there just to see the disappointed looks on both our faces. "This guy comes up to me asking who I was and when I said I was a Weasley he just out of nowhere punched me."

"George, were you drunk?" I raised my eyebrows, not believing the story at all.

He looked at me guiltily. "Okay so I may have swung first."

I narrowed my eyes at him, this is not what Druella would've wanted. "Well lets get you upstairs and you're not allowed to drink anything else until you're sober and even then it'll just be tea and water, okay?" George nodded as Fred helped him upstairs and I went to get the spare room sorted for him to sleep in. I thought about how much pain he was probably in, if I ever lost Fred I'd be equally upset but I'm not sure how I'd react. I called George from the spare room but he needed replied so I walked through the upstairs hallway to find him.

"George?" I called for him again.

"In here!" He replied, he was in Beau's room. When I entered I saw him looking cleaner and in a pair of Fred's pyjamas, holding Beau. "She looks like you. Apart from her nose, she's got Fred's nose."

"Do you think?" I smiled and walked up to him, stroking the top of my daughters head as he handed her over to me. "She's definitely got yours and Fred's appetite."

"And she's loud." Fred said, walking in and tilting his head at Beau who just smiled at her dad.

George sighed heavily. "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner, I would've, I was going to but every time I said I was going to some something got in the way."

Me and Fred looked at him. "It's okay." I told him. "You're here now."

A while later, at ten to be precise, George went to bed and me and Fred were about to before the smell of soot came through to our bedroom. "Really? Again?" I put my hands on my hips and made my way downstairs cautiously as I flickered my wand to lumos. When I got downstairs I saw that someone had come through the fireplace, and Molly in the kitchen with Tonks.